GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script scottygees UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scottygees UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottygees
    replied
    Originally posted by Pat View Post
    Hi Scotty

I just read you said you will restart your DMP with stepchange in the future, Is there a reason why you don't /can't run them yourself. having been in a paid for DMP myself for a while I understand how it takes the pressure off but to be honest after the first few months doing it yourself it gets easier. I am now under 1 year away from SB and have had sizeable portions of my debts written off or not been chased.

Some of my files have a small forest in them, some just two or three pages

Good luck
    Thanks for the response. To be honest i have not been very decisive in how to deal with these debts and have worried long and hard before finally taking the unenforceable route. I will see what comes back from these CCA requests and from there I may run my own DMP. I have one large debt for £12500 which is my main worry and haven't sent a CCA for this as i am pretty sure it will be enforceable and am worried that not making any payment to this could have a big impact on not just myself but my family as a whole.

Leave a comment:

• Pat
    replied
    Hi Scotty

I just read you said you will restart your DMP with stepchange in the future, Is there a reason why you don't /can't run them yourself. having been in a paid for DMP myself for a while I understand how it takes the pressure off but to be honest after the first few months doing it yourself it gets easier. I am now under 1 year away from SB and have had sizeable portions of my debts written off or not been chased.

Some of my files have a small forest in them, some just two or three pages

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    Originally posted by scottygees View Post
    CAPITAL ONE
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)-unknown
    • Approx balance-£989.40
    • Date last paid -September 2010
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-currently on a DMP but not paid anything at all since Feb 2017
    • Status-previous default that has now dropped off credit report
    • Account owner-Apex Credit Management

12/06/17 letter recd-confirming they can consider a discounted settlement figure-ignored
    26/06/17 letter recd-outlining payment solutions incl.monthly payments to clear within 3.5 and 7 years and also reduced lump sum to clear account
    13/07/17 CCA request made
    14/07/17 letter recd from Apex dated 10/7/17 confirming previous solutions but as i haven't responded they will return the account back to Capital One

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied

12/06/17 letter recd-confirming they can consider a discounted settlement figure-ignored
    26/06/17 letter recd-outlining payment solutions incl.monthly payments to clear within 3.5 and 7 years and also reduced lump sum to clear account
    14/07/17-letter received dated 10/7/17 confirming previous payment options but if i dont call them to discuss the account will be sent back to Capital One

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    VANQUIS
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced -not known
    • Approx balance £1002
    • Date last paid -Sept 2010
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment since Feb 2016
    • Status -Default 31/8/2015
    • Account owner-DLC
    9/6/17-letter recd confirming they have been instructed by vanquish to collect balance and require me to contact them
    26/6/17-letter recd offering a 50% reduction on outstanding balance
    13/7/17-CCA request made

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    TESCO
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced -not known
    • Approx balance- £989
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2016
    • Status -unknown.Account no longer on credit report
    • Account owner -Robinson Way
    no previous correspondence recd
    13/7/17-CCA request made

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    BARCLAYCARD
    • Credi card
    • Date commenced -unknown
    • Approx balance-£957
    • Date last paid-Jan 2016
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2017
    • Status-default 30/3/2016
    • Account owner- Link Financial Outsourcing
    13/7/17-CCA request made

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    MBNA
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced-unknown
    • Approx balance-£785
    • Date last paid-Sept 2010
    • Status-unknown as no longer showing on credit report
    • Account owner- Idem Capital Securities
    13/7/17-CCA request made

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    YORKSHIRE BANK
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced-not known
    • Approx balance-£1583
    • Status-unknown as no longer showing on credit report
    • Account owner-Cabot
    12/06/17-letter recd asking for contact to discuss solutions e.g monthly payment plan and reduced lump sum payment to clear
    13/07/17-CCA request made

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    CAPITAL ONE
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced (ideally before Apr 2007)-unknown
    • Approx balance-£989.40
    • Date last paid -September 2010
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-currently on a DMP but not paid anything at all since Feb 2017
    • Status-previous default that has now dropped off credit report
    • Account owner-Apex Credit Management

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    Have they been chasing you since you stopped paying? It would help if the diary entries were updated with notes of letters received/sent.
    There has been an element of chasing by some of the mentioned creditors but not all of them. I have just explained that my DMP with stepchange was closed and that I would be setting it back up with stepchange in due course. This approach has given me 30 days grace on more than one occasion. I will update my diary with the content of letter I have received to try and give a complete history of events moving forward

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    Have they been chasing you since you stopped paying? It would help if the diary entries were updated with notes of letters received/sent.

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

You can send the s 77-79 CCA Requests now - it'll make you feel better knowing that you've taken control of the situation instead of the situation controlling you.

Each time you receive a letter simply re-quote your original post and add the updated information.

I see you don't know when you opened any of these accounts but the exact date isn't important at this stage however do you have a vague idea of which year it might have been in each case? Accounts opened before April 2007 have different criteria for UE.

Di
    thanks, i will be getting the postal orders in the morning and will print the letters off at work. I really don't know when these accounts were opened my guess is there is a mixture of both pre and post April 2007. I will ensure I keep these post up to date for any further advice.

Leave a comment:

• Joanna Connolly Solicitors
    replied
    So I have started my UE diary. It has taken a lot of deliberation and carefu consideration for me to do this. Before I send the CCA requests is there anything else i need to do/any advice etc?
    You can send the s 77-79 CCA Requests now - it'll make you feel better knowing that you've taken control of the situation instead of the situation controlling you.

Each time you receive a letter simply re-quote your original post and add the updated information.

I see you don't know when you opened any of these accounts but the exact date isn't important at this stage however do you have a vague idea of which year it might have been in each case? Accounts opened before April 2007 have different criteria for UE.

Di

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied
    good start = CCA request so that we can confirm enforceable/unenforceable I suggest as that is the starting point?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X