GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script scottygees UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scottygees UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scottygees
    replied
    Originally posted by Still Waving View Post
    A similar pattern has applied to a number of members here, where Cabot has purchased accounts from another debt purchaser, and then send a series of non-threatening letters. I would be inclined to sit tight for a while, but keep an eye on the tone of their letters. ( I see that there is currently an outstanding CCA request.)
    Yes the CCA request is still outstanding

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    A similar pattern has applied to a number of members here, where Cabot has purchased accounts from another debt purchaser, and then send a series of non-threatening letters. I would be inclined to sit tight for a while, but keep an eye on the tone of their letters. ( I see that there is currently an outstanding CCA request.)

Leave a comment:

• JLC
    replied
    I sent them a SWID a year ago when they purchased three of my debts from IDEM/MOORGATE and haven’t heard from them since apart from the odd ‘we are still seeking an update’ letter.

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    Originally posted by scottygees View Post
    MBNA
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced-unknown
    • Approx balance-£785
    • Date last paid-Sept 2010
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2017
    • Status-unknown as no longer showing on credit report
    • Account owner- Idem Capital Securities
    no previous correspondence recd
    13/7/17-CCA request made
    17/7/17 CCA request delivered and signed for
    21/7/17-letter received from Idem dated 19/7/17."we will endeavour to provide the requisite information within the next 12 working days
    4/08/17-letter received from Idem dated 2/8/17.They are unable to provide the CCA at present and accept the agreement can't be enforced until such time they can. They have contacted original lender and if available will send it if available. They confirm balance is still outstanding and will continue to pursue including updating credit reference agencies. They state I am free to take whatever action I consider appropriate but they will not be releasing me from any obligation under the agreement
    5/8/17-income and expenditure form recd from Idem dated 2/8/17. Filed away no action to take
    25/09/17-letter recd from Idem dated 20/9/17 "we note no formal arrangement,please complete I&E in next 14 days or we will take further collection activity".(as no CCA provided and they have previously acknowledged they can't enforce it , letter filed away.
    09/11/17-letter recd from Idem Saying account has now been purchased by Cabot.Introduction letter also recd in same envelope from Cabot, asking me to make contact. As I still haven't received the CCA I requested what action do I need to take at this stage, if any? Thanks in advance
    28/11/2017-letter recd from Cabot.dated 22/11/17. nothing threatening but should I send a SWID letter yet or wait a bit longer?
    Last edited by scottygees; 27 November 2017, 20:11.

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied
    I would ignore for a couple of letters and then send a SWID or sold while in dispute letter which is in the template section.

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    MBNA
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced-unknown
    • Approx balance-£785
    13/7/17-CCA request made
    21/7/17-letter received from Idem dated 19/7/17."we will endeavour to provide the requisite information within the next 12 working days
    4/08/17-letter received from Idem dated 2/8/17.They are unable to provide the CCA at present and accept the agreement can't be enforced until such time they can. They have contacted original lender and if available will send it if available. They confirm balance is still outstanding and will continue to pursue including updating credit reference agencies. They state I am free to take whatever action I consider appropriate but they will not be releasing me from any obligation under the agreement
    5/8/17-income and expenditure form recd from Idem dated 2/8/17. Filed away no action to take
    25/09/17-letter recd from Idem dated 20/9/17 "we note no formal arrangement,please complete I&E in next 14 days or we will take further collection activity".(as no CCA provided and they have previously acknowledged they can't enforce it , letter filed away.
    09/11/17-letter recd from Idem Saying account has now been purchased by Cabot.Introduction letter also recd in same envelope from Cabot, asking me to make contact. As I still haven't received the CCA I requested what action do I need to take at this stage, if any? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by scottygees; 10 November 2017, 13:24.

Leave a comment:

• Still Waving
    replied
    23/10/17-correspondence recd from Robinson Way dated 18/10/17 stating we enclose the requested documentation and in absence of any dispute please return the enclosed financial statement (which isn't enclosed by the way) to confirm an affordable payment plan within the next 30 days.However all they have sent me is copies of my credit card statements from April 2010 to January 2011 and not the CCA I requested. Any advice as of the next course of action to take? Thanks in advance.
    I would just await their next letter, which should be at least a month away.

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    TESCO
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced -not known
    • Approx balance- £989
    • Date last paid -Sept 2010
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2016
    • Status -unknown.Account no longer on credit report
    • Account owner -Robinson Way
    13/7/17-CCA request made
    17/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
    21/7/17-letter received from Robinson Way confirming received CCA request and account put on hold temporarily until they have the agreement
    28/8/17-email received from Robinson Way stating they have contacted original creditor and have an update for me and for me to contact them within the next 30 days.
    23/10/17-correspondence recd from Robinson Way dated 18/10/17 stating we enclose the requested documentation and in absence of any dispute please return the enclosed financial statement (which isn't enclosed by the way) to confirm an affordable payment plan within the next 30 days.However all they have sent me is copies of my credit card statements from April 2010 to January 2011 and not the CCA I requested. Any advice as of the next course of action to take? Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied
    That's great news. Keep the letter safe just in case someone else tries to harass you!

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    BARCLAYCARD
    • Credi card
    • Date commenced -unknown
    • Approx balance-£957
    • Date last paid-Jan 2016
    • Status-default 30/3/2016
    • Account owner- Link Financial Outsourcing
    13/7/17-CCA request made
    17/7/17-CCA request not delivered as no access to delivery address. Await post to be returned and send again
    18/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
    19/10/17-letter recd from Link Financial dated 16/10/17. Confirming original creditor(Barclaycard) are unable to fulfill the section 77/78 request . They agree the account is currently unenforceable but that the outstanding balance remains collectible and it is acceptable for creditors to register and continue to report a default. They conclude by stating this information concludes their obligations under section 78 of the act

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    MBNA
    • Credit Card
    • Date commenced-unknown
    • Approx balance-£785
    13/7/17-CCA request made

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied

Yorkshire Bank overdraft

Joint account but was initially in my name. Wife added to account when married

Date account opened -1987
    last paid -Feb2017 via DMP
    balance-£893
    debt owned by NCO
    debt now owned by Cabot

17/09/2017-letter recd from NCO request contact made
    19/09/2017-overdraft CCA template letter issued
    20/09/2017-CCA request recd and signed for by NCO
    25/10/17-letter recd from NCO requesting clarification of current financial position, so please contact us etc etc
    31/01/18-Letter recd from Cabot confirming they have taken the account back.It appears that NCO were just an agent of Cabot.As this was the case and NCO never provided the CCA as requested for the overdraft was wondering what next steps should be. I assume a SWID wouldn’t be applicable in this instance? Also is there a different SWID template for overdrafts?
    15/03/18-Letter recd from Cabot stating account is being reviewed for legal action.Please reply in 28 days. This action can be avoided if payment plan set up etc etc.
    29/3/18-Letter recd from Cabot dated 26/3/18 threatening legal action. I will send the follow up letter this weekend but a bit peeved that they haven’t even given me the initial 28 days to respond
    4/4/18- non receipt of CCA 2nd follow up letter issued to Cabot
    19/04/18-letter received from Cabot, noting dispute, they will be in touch with original lender and to be mindful it could take 16 weeks to resolve
    11/5/18-Letter received from Cabot. Still unable to provide requested docs. Account on hold
    06/09/18- letter received from Cabot as no payment being received their reasonable next action is to review account for legal action.Please contact in 28 days to prevent. Any need to take further action at this stage? Current creditor showing as Cabot Financial UK ltd. Many thanks in advance.
    8/9/18-letter recd from Cabot stating they are considering sending account to external DCA.
    17/9/18-letter recd from Cabot once again threatening Legal Action
    6/6/19 - Letter received from Cabot today stating account has been reviewed for Legal Action reply within 28 days to avoid this. So they have sent threatening letters before but nothing has come,however they are now saying the account has been reviewed rather than may be reviewed. So I sent the CCA follow up letter back in April 2018 and never received a direct response. Should I sit tight and await their next correspondence or should I send something to them reminding them they never responded to my 2nd CCA request? The current creditor is still Cabot Financial UK Limited.Are they licensed?

3/10/19 letter recd we need your urgent attention etc etc
    18/10/19-potential legal action letter received. no action taken as had them previously and never followed through on threats
    15/11/19-letter received-"We will not be pursuing legal action at this time but balance still needs to be paid"
    17/11/19-letter received.Please set up payment plan
    17/12/19 letter received.Please set up payment plan
    14/1/20-another payment plan letter received
    16/1/20-explore your repayment options letter received
    01/02/20-thats right another payment plan letter received
    18/2/20-and another one
    21/2/20-its not too late to get back on track letter received
    6/3/20-taking control is only a click away letter received
    11/3/20-and another its not too late to get back on track letter received

23/5/20-we have not heard from you letter received
    12/6/20-summer saver 40% reduction letter received
    25/7/20-opportunity to join 55000 other customers that talk to Cabot each month letter received
    24/08/20- set up repayment plan letter received

CCA STILL OUTSTANDING.
    Last edited by scottygees; 20 October 2020, 09:39.

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    So I have just had a letter from NCO regarding my overdraft with Yorkshire Bank, an account that was open by myself in 1987/88. When I got married I put my wife on this account though I can't remember her signing anything at the time. I will be sending off the overdraft letter shortly but was wondering whether my wife is liable for this debt considering any original agreement was only with myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• cymruambyth
    replied
    That's great, don't do anything and wait for their next letter.

Leave a comment:

• scottygees
    replied
    TESCO
    • Loan
    • Date commenced -not known
    • Approx balance- £12267.15
    • Date last paid -Sept 2010
    • Are you on arrangement or not paying-DMP but no payment made since Feb 2016
    • Status -default date Feb 2012
    • Account owner -Robinson Way
    I called Robinson Way to explain issues with DMP etc and they agreed to put account on hold for 30 days to allow stepchange to contact them.
    19/06/17-letter recd from Robinson Way confirming that in connection with my update no further action will be taken on account for next 30 days
    17/7/17-CCA request issued.
    18/7/17-CCA request delivered and signed for
    05/09/17-letter recd from Rob Way dated 29/8/17.They haven't had a response from original creditor so action on account stopped whilst they await one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X