GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A question re "true copy" OR "reconstituted copy"… - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question re "true copy" OR "reconstituted copy"…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A question re "true copy" OR "reconstituted copy"…

If you get back a signed copy and you dispute the signature for whatever reason eg never signed, wrong date or dodgy signature, there is a 'fraud' or forgery. Conspiracy to commit fraud is a criminal offence, but it is moot who would have to prove what - claimant it wasn't, defendant it was .......

Comment

I never request a recon. regardless of what Carey said and if I am ever sent a recon. I would ask them to clarify the source of the information sent out under CPUTR. Since the recon would need to come from information from the original then why not just send a copy of the original and save all the mucking about?
      Remember the mantra:
      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
        I never request a recon. regardless of what Carey said and if I am ever sent a recon. I would ask them to clarify the source of the information sent out under CPUTR. Since the recon would need to come from information from the original then why not just send a copy of the original and save all the mucking about?

And that is the crux of the matter!
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
          And that is the crux of the matter!
          Exactly...
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2009/3417.html

1. Accordingly, the copy need not be as contended for by Mr Uff and Mrs Thompson and instead, a creditor can satisfy its duty under s78 by providing a reconstituted version of the executed agreement which may be from sources other than the actual signed agreement itself.
            M1

Comment

A failure to correctly explain ones true position in line with CPUTR supersedes the above judgment mind you. P1 has great success arguing CPUTR and with the new FCA CONC guidelines supporting it by way of 13.1.6 (4) -> http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/handbook/CONC/13/1

(4) The firm should, in any communication or request for payment in such cases, make clear to the customer that although the debt remains outstanding it is unenforceable.
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

A failure to correctly explain ones true position in line with CPUTR supersedes the above judgment mind you.
                How so ?

P1 has great success arguing CPUTR

Success is relative. Some people thought they'd beaten off CEL but as they hadn't conceded and limitation hadn't expired they got a shock when the court cases started to roll in this year for tickets from 2012. Silence, while what we want, is not a win.

FCA guidance is just that guidance. If they take a hard line and enforce it, great, but i'm a sceptic. Acpo guidlines stated all sorts and almost every time a speeder brought a departure from the guidance up in court it was ignored.

Once limitation periods start to expire that's when the true level can be judged

M1

Comment

As Niddy says, satisfying a s78 request isn't the same as having enforceable paperwork. It's just cheap psychology to make a person believe companies have something they may not have, which is why it's important to flush them out before things get serious....
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

I previously said, in this thread, on 27th April : "
                    I am sending my UE letter to the DCA Wescot tomorrow morning. It will be interesting to see how they respond. The original debt is ancient, and was originally from a Barclays Credit Card that I took out more than 10 years ago, I think. I have read some rumours online that Barclays have been particularly bad about keeping original documentation."

I have just today, 14th May, received a reply from the DCA, Wescot.

Main highlights of their letter as follows :

Dear Sir/Madam

We refer to your recent communication. Having contacted our client they have advised that unfortunately due to the age of this account they are unable to provide a copy of the agreement as you have requested. They have however confirmed that the balance is correct and due.

In the circumstances, we believe the dispute has now been resolved and the full balance or an agreed monthly instalment is required by return.

If in the event you believe you still have a valid dispute, please contact us with the details within the next 14 days otherwise your account will be returned to our recovery team for collection.

Your faithfully,

Accounts Collection Controller

Comment

Excellent it's UE.

Keep that letter very safe. Just ignore their reply for now.

Well done
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That's all you need. They can and probably will chase for payment but they cannot enforce.
                        CONGRATULATIONS!

Comment

They will give up after a while. Well done

Comment

Did you open the account after 19th May 1985 ?

M1

Comment

Firstly, thanks y’all for the congratulations re UE of this debt.

Secondly, an even bigger THANK YOU for the template, which did the trick !

Thirdly, in response to 'mystery1'’s question "Did you open the account after 19th May 1985 ?" : My answer is that I am not absolutely 100% sure, however I am fairly certain that, yes, it was after 1985. I guess I would say I am about 90% certain that it was after 1985.

Fourthly, I apologise for taking so long in replying in this thread, generally, I have been having some problems getting online, and various issues in offline life have also been getting in the way. Well, whatever, I won’t go into more detail than that. Suffice to say, I’d actually like to participate more on these forums, it just hasn’t been possible recently, but I hope it will be in future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thanks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.4 KB
ID:	1400512

Last edited by AlasPoorYorick; 30 May 2014, 14:39.

Comment

Originally posted by AlasPoorYorick View Post

Since starting this thread, I have spent some significant amount of time today looking into Carey v HSBC, online.

Joanna Connolly was the lead solicitor on the Carey v HSBC case.

See this link to our firm's Notable Cases > https://www.joannaconnollysolicitors...notable-cases/

Di

Comment

Working...
                                X