GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script £51k DAS / DMP debt diary inc 1 pre-2007 account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

£51k DAS / DMP debt diary inc 1 pre-2007 account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

received some unexpected but wonderful news from Niddy - the Barclaycard account appears to be due to missing signature and missing terms. This is hugely, massively awesome especially as its one of the larger creditors shown on my DAS (DMP) - around £9.5k!

this account is not with a DCA - is there a template letter I should use next to respond to the Barclaycard CCA letter, disputing its enforceability?

Thanks Niddy!!

Comment

sit tight for now, do not want them to dig deeper and chance on finding different, see what Warwick65 has to say?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyScot2020 View Post
        received some unexpected but wonderful news from Niddy - the Barclaycard account appears to be due to missing signature and missing terms. This is hugely, massively awesome especially as its one of the larger creditors shown on my DAS (DMP) - around £9.5k!

This is good news.

Wait to see what happens next. There's no need to engage with them at this point.

Barclaycard may assign (sell) it to a debt purchaser.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Diana Mayhew View Post

This is good news.

Wait to see what happens next. There's no need to engage with them at this point.

Barclaycard may assign (sell) it to a debt purchaser.

Di
          Because of the DAS, I think Barclaycard will not want to sell / assign it. However, you may be right Di as today I received an Arrears Notice letter from Barclaycard for two missed payments. letter asks that I call them to discuss account (I will not)

Comment

Some updates to the accounts shown on previous page. Main ones being Arrow Global which are closed, settling on 12%
            One problem I'm having with Barclaycard, Nationwide and Bank of Scotland is that they all preferred to be paid via the payment distributor (MLM Solutions) - who themselves will only do so for a fee and if the rules permit. They have said they will consider payments from me direct, but I must try to exit the Debt Arrangement Scheme first - this is easier said than done though as the Debt Administrator has to 'approve' it first because the regulations say so apparently. This 'revocation' process normally takes months. However, the good news is that now I have breached the 'standard terms' of the DAS agreement, by paying Arrow Global (unlike other creditors Arrow wouldn't actually deal with the Das administrator and only myself), I'm told the DAS administrator will likely revoke the DAS within 2 months so that I can self manage. DAS say the creditors will (not may) add charges to my account - which I find odd as the creditors themselves say they are fine for me to self manage and won't add charges. Anyway this bureaucracy is the one of the drawbacks of the DAS system in Scotland which in hindsight I probably shouldn't have signed up to, even if it has advantages in other ways (eg the payment holiday)...

The Hitachi creditor is an odd one too in that they have already marked my account as closed and satisified on my credit file with £0 balance, despite receiving an arrears notice letter today saying I still owe £5k. Any advice on how to handle this - can they change my credit file at a later date to say it is re-open for other creditors to see?

Comment

Working...
            X