GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax BOS Debt & me - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax BOS Debt & me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caspar
    replied
    Re: Halifax BOS Debt & me

There may be some hope for you here. My belief was that for a court you don't have to send recorded to get proof of delivery, but HAVE TO get proof of postage (receipt in these courts is, I believe, assumed).

One of my bug bears with the Post Office is the only way they will guarantee a letter will get to the addressee is if you send it Special Delivery. 1st class, 2nd class and Recorded do not guarantee delivery at all, though with recorded you can claim limited compensation. Apparantly Recorded Delivery letters sent to a company who receive lots of mail each day quite often get there, but remain unsigned for as they're in the middle of a pile of other letters.

I know this is not as it should be, but if you want to check what I've said ask your post office.

Leave a comment:

• jinjoe
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Jesus. With the legal letters you MUST send it recorded. It's only about £1.15. They will milk it any deny receiving it and could take action. U can't prove u posted it can you?

Game over - you lose! Seriously you must get a signature and proof of postage for everything u send.
    i'll resend the letters, check your pm

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Jesus. With the legal letters you MUST send it recorded. It's only about £1.15. They will milk it any deny receiving it and could take action. U can't prove u posted it can you?

Game over - you lose! Seriously you must get a signature and proof of postage for everything u send.

Leave a comment:

• jinjoe
    replied

Have they signed for this yet?

i posted it regular delivery, im so skint i didnt have the money to send it recorded delivery

btw i've had another letter from BOS i'll email you this within the hour

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Send this to Blair Oliver: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation
    Have they signed for this yet?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by caspar View Post
    I love that letter in post 26!
    LOL, we have a few like that - we change them to suit any court cases, lol. As you do

Leave a comment:

• caspar
    replied

I love that letter in post 26!

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

ok gimme 5 to check it
    Ignore it - why is your head spinning? It is their final response.... you didn't expect HBOS to say, "Oh, ok - we're wrong, sorry - just forget the debt" did you?

They will always chase you, but you just ignore them

Keep us updated on anything else received, but otherwise ignore this clearly unenforceable account.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by jinjoe View Post
    Hi Niddy today i've had another letter from Halifax, right now my head is spinning !!, i'll email the letter to you now.
    ok gimme 5 to check it

Leave a comment:

• jinjoe
    replied

Hi Niddy today i've had another letter from Halifax, right now my head is spinning !!, i'll email the letter to you now.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by jinjoe View Post
    January 2010 - Sent two letters to BOS (one phone call letter & one home visit letter)

Niddy i have received another letter from BOS concerning court action, i will email this to you now.
    Send this to Blair Oliver: ---> Threat by Lender/D.C.A - To commence litigation

Leave a comment:

• jinjoe
    replied

January 2010 - Sent two letters to BOS (one phone call letter & one home visit letter)

Niddy i have received another letter from BOS concerning court action, i will email this to you now.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

lol, that is why we call them blind threats...... half of them are utter nonsense and the rest, well they are just utter bollocks!

Leave a comment:

• MustGetStraigh
    replied

If it helps, I've had various DCAs threaten possible doorstep action, but no-one (to my knowledge) has ever turned up.

Leave a comment:

• jinjoe
    replied

thanks guys i'll read up on your replies later in the day, thanks again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X