GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HBOS PPI claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBOS PPI claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBOS PPI claim

So this is a tad complicated

In the 1990's I had a BOS Mastercard that I defaulted on. I went into a repayment plan until about 2011 when I stoped after sending a CCA request . At that time the balance was around £800 however I have a copy of a letter from BOS saying they were going to default me and the full balance of nearly £4000 was due . In 2012 it was sold to Cabot and the balance was still the £800.

In the late 1990's I also had a Halifax card which I know I had PPI on. This I settled in full around about 2003 , maybe a little earlier, could even have been in 2005 who knows at the moment - maybe if I go through my old current accounts I can find a transfer to them or something.

Anyway I have put in a claim for PPI and they have come back with both cards , if there is money owing , and I am sure there is, can they offset it against a debt that a) they sold in 2011 and b) is now well and truly statute barred

Ant PPI is not going to be mega bucks, a couple of hundred quid at the most but just wondering , not being a PPI expert and all that.
Working...
X