GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Builder with no work, trouble brewing soon - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Builder with no work, trouble brewing soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjr001
    replied
    Re: Builder with no work, trouble brewing soon

i have never claimed on the PPI's except for asking about it in 1993 when they said i had to be off for a month

Leave a comment:

• mjr001
    replied

no as i was not off work for over 30 days, i burned my hand badly at work and as i was supervisor went back after 3 weeks off.

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Where you credit card payments not meet by the insurer then when you was ill.

Leave a comment:

• mjr001
    replied

since the balances on the 2 RBS cards have nearly always been maxed without sending the SARs out yet i recken PPI claim could be in the region of £7-8K between the 2 of them

Leave a comment:

• mjr001
    replied

both the cards have been paying PPI on since day one.
    The mint card I believe it was with a balance of £5k had the PPI stopped 2 years ago after I phoned them and asked if i could pay a lower amount as times were tight. they told me to cancel the PPI to help as they would not lower my payments for me.

The RBS card has had PPI going since the start.

The storey behind the 2 cards with the DCA's is this, I had an accident at work i think in 1992/3 and got into money troubles. i went to CAB for advice and they sent off an I&E sheet to all my creditors, which included Egg for about £3k, barclaycard for about £4.5k and some other little ones.

Egg straight away accepted token payments and passed it straight away to Moorcroft who I have paid £5 month to ever since. balance now about £800

Barclaycard kept the debt in house still accepting token payments upto the middle of last year when i had a letter from them saying it was being passed on to Apex. (not a single payment was missed from that day to this on either agreement. I will try and find the letter from Barclays to see exactly what it said about assignment.

i had a card with LLoyds as well which had token payments and is now finished and cleared.

on the co-op front i did the application by phone (cashminder account) and they said it went through the checks fine, they would send a joint account application to sign, which i had on Wed and returned to them signed Wed eve. so all being well it should be active next week.

Leave a comment:

• garlok
    replied

H'mmmm The Right to Set-Off? Well it is unsafe to assume anything over this. Our business account was stripped to its OD limit and above WITHOUT notice whilst the cards were actually fully paid up to date. This was done out of spite because we had been in a complaint over our treatment for about 2 years at that stage.

So assume nothing except that they will try anything and do anything they think they can get away with. If you have or are going ot have a dispute with them then as pompeyfaith says divert all businees with immediate effect to a bank not associated with the accounts that are going to be disputed.

You have made statements above that the accounts were "assigned to Moorcroft et al. How were/are these accounts assigned? Have you been been informed by way of Notice of Assignment that the accounts have actually been SOLD to another party or are these DCAs only acting as agents for or on behalf of the OC? That is in equitable assignment only? This can be important as we proceed with dealing with this.

regards
    Garlok

Leave a comment:

• pompeyfaith
    replied

Have you been paying the PPI from account opening ? because if so that going to be a large claim as some mths you must of been paying £40+ just for PPI

Leave a comment:

• mjr001
    replied

Between the 2 cards it's nearly £15k. Had them both since 98/99

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

Originally posted by mjr001 View Post
    If I did CCA the cards and go down that route does that mean that I cannot then attempt to reclaim PPI on them ?
    I think the cards due date is about the 8th of the month

Many thanks
    I would be adding up the PPI on the cards thats been paid (plus interest) and then seeing if I would be better off from claiming PPI or UE. If the balance on the cards was £100 and you could reclaim £1000 on PPI you may want to take the PPI route rather than the UE one.
    There is no problem with sending a CCA request regardless just to see what they come up with.

Leave a comment:

• mjr001
    replied

If I did CCA the cards and go down that route does that mean that I cannot then attempt to reclaim PPI on them ?
    I think the cards due date is about the 8th of the month

Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

Its very unlikely that they would offset immediately so as the co-op usually have the paperwork and card to you very quickly it may be worth stopping the payments immediately, It should take thaem a couple of weeks to realise whats happened and by then you will be using the co-op account.
    Assuming its a co-op cashminder account its pretty certain that it will be around a week to get the stuff to you, so could you take out as much cash as possible from the RBS account and hold off paying in any cheques (if you have any!) until the new account is open? Whatother direct debits do you have to come out of the account and could they be paid over t he counter with cash if necessary?
    Main thing for me would be to stop the direct debits going out as fast as possible and making sure that there is no money in the account.

Once nidddy comes back he will advise on the PPi stuff vs UE, but its worth starting a claim for the PPI on the loan straight away as its so close to finishing
    Last edited by Susie; 13 January 2012, 18:35.

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

I don't.

I just know that RBS are a wunch of bankers.

Leave a comment:

• mjr001
    replied

i am only asking as i dont know, you guys have alot more experience with this sort of stuff than me

Leave a comment:

• CleverClogs (RIP)
    replied

How tight is a duck's arse?

Leave a comment:

• mjr001
    replied

and would they start offsetting straight away or wait til i am a few months in arrears ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X