GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Enforceable debts and SAR - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Enforceable debts and SAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jon1965
    replied
    Re: Enforceable debts and SAR

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    you been flirting with our users again

Of Coursea! No need to be jealous

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    you been flirting with our users again

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    Thank you guys
    I am a tad more chilled out now. Had a long talk with someone about my other problem and it has helped a lot, it has been praying on my mind and I think to avoid thinking about it I was concentrating on this. I was also trying to get one part of my life under control.
    I really do need to chill out and react as necessary.

Leave a comment:

• jon1965
    replied

Thank you guys
    I am a tad more chilled out now. Had a long talk with someone about my other problem and it has helped a lot, it has been praying on my mind and I think to avoid thinking about it I was concentrating on this. I was also trying to get one part of my life under control.
    I really do need to chill out and react as necessary.

As for helping others Niddy, I would love to. I have fought and won against the council because they wouldn't pay me HB, in years gone by got my ex the benefits she was entitled to, and just recently stopped two companies fleecing her of a few quid each month with a recurring debit card payment.
    However I always feel on here that you all know so much more than me, but i think that says more about me than anything.
    My favourite hobby is "planting" myself on other forums and trying to steer people , if not straight here at least in the right direction. My last plant was pulled up yesterday boohoo

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

so Niddy's spring can wind down
    Jon

Sorry mate don't think I'm having a pop, I'm not - I tend to use my iPhone a lot for replying and it's easier to just type things as they are but on reflection it looks like I'm ranting - I wasn't, I was simply trying to say that at least once a week we have this or a similar discussion and I always say the same, you need to chill and see what happens - pointless working yourself up unnecessarily.

If you are bored and want something to do then seriously, look at trying to help others on the forum and/or start threads with your life experiences etc, ie if you can offer any help then people will appreciate it.

Stressing about CCJ's when you have nothing to enforce over really won't do you any good mate. I know you have other crap on your plate and as such surely you'd be better served concentrating on that - ie get yourself the best possible protection - data!

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

Ok.... I have a much clearer picture of you now Jon.... lol.

When I mentioned being "pro-active" in my first reply to you, I meant that you need to respond to whatever shyte you get sent in reponse to a threat, CCA response back from a creditor and so on. I did not mean "pro-active" in the sense that you push to find something out. What would you be trying to find out?.... and why bother? If you re-read the post, I have also said that "you need to consider carefully what your aims are before initiating a challenge."

I have only sent out one SAR in my time battling creditors/DCAs.... but this was way down the track and because I needed to get information from a creditor about account(s) that were amalgamated and flogged to a DCA..... which would help me in telling them to feck off.

If you have a compulsive personality (as you say), then take up a compulsive hobby or something.... don't poke a situation when it's not required because that's when it tends to poke you back. One more thing.... when you get your inheritance, don't tell them about it!!
    Last edited by PriorityOne; 3 June 2012, 17:26.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Thanks FP. I am really not worried by CCJ's got that t shirt.
    One issue is that I have stopped paying everything , all debt be they UE EN or CCJ since Jan 2012 .
    Well everything except 1 which is Natwest and seeing as they have just returned my CPUTR request asking for a £1 fee I have a mind to stop that as well.

I would value peoples opinions , what would THEY do in my situation, i.e.no job, no assets etc
    Blag everything
    Pay the CCJ's blag the rest
    Pay the CCJ's and the EN
    Or something different

No doubt there will be differing opinions

My personal view is blag everything and if the worst comes to the worst have letters ready to send to all of them a letter saying something along the lines of " I am going on "holiday" for an indeterminate amount of time and I will be in touch when I get back"

Although i am hopeful that the holiday will not come to pass
    If I were in your situation I would soldier on with UE for as long as possible wearing a smirk on my face knowing that none of these bullying creditors or their lowlife DCAs can do anything to you if you do go "on a long holiday"

If anyone decides to make you BR while you're "on holiday" that could be a blessing in disguise because they'd have to pay the court fees You could then have a clean slate for when you get back "from holiday".

Since you've already said (elsewhere) that you will inherit money from a family trust fund one day it would be nice to think that windfall will be going on buying a cottage with roses round the door or a yellow Ferrari instead of being handed over to creditors even at only £1 per month

You only started the UE route recently but I can assure you that things get quieter and quieter (and therefore more manageable) as time goes by. I haven't heard from some of my creditors for over a year, and nothing from the rest of them for over six months. There was just one exception recently

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Boing Boing

Leave a comment:

• jon1965
    replied

Sorry all,
    One of the dangers of having a compulsive personality...it's all or nothing
    Yes I know, what i should really do is do one letter at a time i.e it arrives I deal with it.

Much less stress that way

Again sorry if I am giving the wrong impression to anyone and I will shut up for a bit so Niddy's spring can wind down

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

But we went through all this at the start when you joined

Remember? "shall I go bankrupt"? We then agreed try ue first then if the lenders get snotty you are then free to pursue such alternatives having at least tried the ue route.

You have nothing to lose. Nothing.

Leave a comment:

• jon1965
    replied

Thanks FP. I am really not worried by CCJ's got that t shirt.
    One issue is that I have stopped paying everything , all debt be they UE EN or CCJ since Jan 2012 .
    Well everything except 1 which is Natwest and seeing as they have just returned my CPUTR request asking for a £1 fee I have a mind to stop that as well.

I would value peoples opinions , what would THEY do in my situation, i.e.no job, no assets etc
    Blag everything
    Pay the CCJ's blag the rest
    Pay the CCJ's and the EN
    Or something different

No doubt there will be differing opinions

My personal view is blag everything and if the worst comes to the worst have letters ready to send to all of them a letter saying something along the lines of " I am going on "holiday" for an indeterminate amount of time and I will be in touch when I get back"

Although i am hopeful that the holiday will not come to pass

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Thanks P1. You may know a lot of this is to keep my mind off other things. So once I have sorted out exactly which debts are EN ( I am seeing my ex DMP provider on Wed to copy any relevant papers) I will SAR anyone that I do not have a defence with e.g. faulty DN's .
    Frankly I would not defend just for the sake of it . I have one pre 2007 that admits they do not have the original so I do have some sort of defence there but to have a faulty DN or something similar would help the cause a lot
    Parhaps Jon is just getting tidy-minded so he knows what his options could be after he's established which of his debts are or aren't UE It can be empowering to take control of a situation rather then relying totally on others to tell you what to do each step of the way.

Jon is facing an unrelated court case so getting all possible information upfront can only take the *worry* out of Mr Worry I don't mean send SARs I mean get the lowdown on when, if ever, a SAR would help or hinder your situation.

There's a lot you can do now in case you can't do it later and research is a good start. Good luck with your upcoming case and I'll post anything I can find to help you on your other thread

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=168444&postcount=30

I put an out-dated web address in that March post so this morning I've posted something else bang up-to-date for you

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=192721&postcount=38
    Last edited by PlanB; 3 June 2012, 12:21. Reason: updated

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

These threads give the wrong impression to all readers thus they wind me up

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Oh lord this gets worse.

I said only two days to chill and stop this nonsense mate. You're gonna end up skint and with judgments coming out your eyes unless you start to man up and do one thing at a time.

Relax. Stop being a coffin chaser and await their instruction. What the hell do you think wasting £10 on a SAR will do! Why even bother FFS?

Jon you really need to chill and go with the flow. You're one of thousands and yet here you are all paranoid again.

Chill. Relax. Await their responses and do not go pro active as that's absolutely against our ethos - we fight for ue & sb not to be pro active and chase the lender into taking action which you'll end up doing if you carry on.

Leave a comment:

• PriorityOne
    replied

Nothing concrete just the usual threats . And as my name suggests I do worry although what can they take?

I think I may be too new on the UE route to go to court though capquest and arden are being lovely (not) I am sure Niddy's number for creditors is getting a few phone calls
    Well, please try not to worry. Things do not always end up in court; I've never had court papers issued against me for a start and own property, so that should tell you something....

If you have no assets, then there' nothing to take..... so while creditors/DCAs may huff and puff a lot, there's little they can do in reality. If you're currently making token payments on enforceable debts, then just carry on.... The liklihood of a company wasting their time trying to recover more money from someone with no assets is extremely low anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X