GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Arrow Global mis-reporting! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrow Global mis-reporting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABF
    replied
    Re: Arrow Global mis-reporting!

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
    Ooooh, you're so tantalizingly close to the SB finishing line do you really want to make a lot of noise about a default date on your CRA file right now? Wouldn't that be better when you've crossed the finishing line just to be safe?

When (what year) did MBNA write and tell you that they had no CCA agreement etc? Things change and goalposts move in the legal world.

I'm definitely not trying to spook you, but if you're days/weeks away from a safe haven maybe it's wise to hold fire.

Do you urgently need a clean CRA file to get more credit such as a mortgage or remortgage?

Plan B x
    It was late 2009 when I started the process, September-ish. It was November by the time MBNA came back with their no paperwork response.

I'm not looking for any sort of credit, certainly not a mortgage ... the mis-reporting of the default just pisses me off really, as it's fraud on the part of the DCA.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by ABF View Post
    This becomes SB at the end of March 2016
    Ooooh, you're so tantalizingly close to the SB finishing line do you really want to make a lot of noise about a default date on your CRA file right now? Wouldn't that be better when you've crossed the finishing line just to be safe?

When (what year) did MBNA write and tell you that they had no CCA agreement etc? Things change and goalposts move in the legal world.

I'm definitely not trying to spook you, but if you're days/weeks away from a safe haven maybe it's wise to hold fire.

Do you urgently need a clean CRA file to get more credit such as a mortgage or remortgage?

Plan B x

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

OK, so further to this, & it's taken QUITE some time, the CRAs (all of them) tell me that Arrow Global aren't responding to their communications, so they can't adjust any defaults, BUT the entry has now slid off my credit record. Result?
    Your reply should have been "then remove it as erroneous" however it's likely they've just been removed manually, or as Riz says - they could try and re-add them so keep an eye out.

Leave a comment:

• Riz
    replied

Due to drop off in May anyway?

Could be just early. It does happen occasionally in some odd cases. I know, have had it happen to me.

Could be removed by them/Arrow.

Just keep an eye out it doesn't pop back up with yet another wrong date.

Leave a comment:

• ABF
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    It won't be closed - closed. When they 'close' it usually it means they won't chase you but they may sell it knowing the dca can ask you to pay up but cannot enforce it. It's never paid off, it literally means they can't be arsed chasing it - it's a dead duck.

If you're not being hassled then it doesn't matter - but MBNA may have sold the 'closed' account to a DCA to chase, so the default is still correct. Just the date from when Arrow took over ownership needs editing to the original date as noted by MBNA on the original CRA entry.

If the CRA come back and say go to the data controller or data processor then just come here and let us know and I'll sort you a suitable letter to send back to get it sorted.
    OK, so further to this, & it's taken QUITE some time, the CRAs (all of them) tell me that Arrow Global aren't responding to their communications, so they can't adjust any defaults, BUT the entry has now slid off my credit record. Result?

Leave a comment:

• ABF
    replied

Lovely. Diolch Niddy ... this place makes my heart feel all warm & fuzzy.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

What happens if NEITHER have any definitive paperwork? I mean the account is closed with MBNA, as Arrow has effectively paid it off ... Arrow can't surely say "we say it's this date, & that's that!"
    It won't be closed - closed. When they 'close' it usually it means they won't chase you but they may sell it knowing the dca can ask you to pay up but cannot enforce it. It's never paid off, it literally means they can't be arsed chasing it - it's a dead duck.

If you're not being hassled then it doesn't matter - but MBNA may have sold the 'closed' account to a DCA to chase, so the default is still correct. Just the date from when Arrow took over ownership needs editing to the original date as noted by MBNA on the original CRA entry.

If the CRA come back and say go to the data controller or data processor then just come here and let us know and I'll sort you a suitable letter to send back to get it sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

And BTW, I've never had the deed of assignment from Arrow; just a letter saying "we now have this as our account, so pay up ABF ya bloody shirker!"
    That won't affect any claim if one were to be issued

I'd not worry too much about NoA as it could be partially assigned in which case a simple letter will suffice.

Leave a comment:

• ABF
    replied

And BTW, I've never had the deed of assignment from Arrow; just a letter saying "we now have this as our account, so pay up ABF ya bloody shirker!"

Leave a comment:

• ABF
    replied

Both. Originally MBNA then assigned to Arrow
    What happens if NEITHER have any definitive paperwork? I mean the account is closed with MBNA, as Arrow has effectively paid it off ... Arrow can't surely say "we say it's this date, & that's that!"

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Both. Originally MBNA then assigned to Arrow

Leave a comment:

• ABF
    replied

Keep us updated. The CRA may tell you to refer to the Data Provider. If so post back here.
    The Data Provider would be MBNA or the DCA? Just so I know what I'm looking for should the CRA hit me with that ...

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Keep us updated. The CRA may tell you to refer to the Data Provider. If so post back here.

Leave a comment:

• ABF
    replied

Yea - they can't enforce anything but they can record an accurate default. Accurate being the key word here
    Absolutely; I've already checked & they're 9 months out with their reporting, so I've submitted my dispute.

This becomes SB at the end of March 2016, not the end of November 2016 ...

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Yea - they can't enforce anything but they can record an accurate default. Accurate being the key word here

Leave a comment:

Working...
X