GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Lowells DCA - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lowells DCA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sandra
    replied
    Re: Lowells DCA

Hello Never in Doubt sorry i have not been in touch but i could not access my account, will i send that template letter to Lowells?

I got a letter from their other department Red demanding payment they said that even though they were well outwith the time scales to produce a copy of the agreement they are now allowed by law to properly enforce payment as they provided a copy agreement and a statement. They say that because the debt is over £750 they can apply to the sherriff court for a Decree.

Leave a comment:

• sandra
    replied

Apologies for the delay i had to go to work.

Summary of account is Total Debits £4381.91

Goods bought total is £2116.80 , interest £1805.16 , delivery £3.95 & Charges is £456.00

Total payments made to account is £3086.45 which leaves a balance of £1270.46 outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• PlanB
    replied

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    Sorry - say again?? Stop. Don't send that letter. Instead, tell me more please. We might be able to help get-rid

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Unfair relationship test + excessive charging = go away nasty bank!!

In the OP's case if they spell out the problem I'll sort a suitable response - reminding them of guidelines and associated Acts

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

nope, the user telling us more RELEVANT info. If it's all charges they won't be getting far - that's a certainty
    Damn straight, I've got a minicredit debt where I owe £150 capital and another £1k on top of charges + interest

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by TibetanMonk View Post
    Lol, lightbulb moment :P
    nope, the user telling us more RELEVANT info. If it's all charges they won't be getting far - that's a certainty

Leave a comment:

• TibetanMonk
    replied

Sorry - say again??

Stop. Don't send that letter. Instead, tell me more please. We might be able to help get-rid
    Lol, lightbulb moment :P

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Sorry - say again??

Stop. Don't send that letter. Instead, tell me more please. We might be able to help get-rid

Leave a comment:

• sandra
    replied

Thank you I will get this sent to them today.
    The balance of shop direct account is £500 charges and £300 of interest.
    Already paid for all the goods bought plus an additional £700 interest. So technically they have not lost anything

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Yes the debt doesn't go. It simply means it is unenforceable. Trust me, the letter I linked you to is correct. I wrote it for this situation!!

Leave a comment:

• sandra
    replied

Thank you for your replies. I have had a look at the template and I am not sure if this applies to me

23.1.14 I requested copy of agreement from lowells

17.3.14 lowells said account closed as no agreement can be found.

30.04.14 lowells produced a copy of an agreement and an unsigned short statement of balance of account.

Even though the 14 day deadline is long gone are they allowed to reopen the debt with a reconstituted agreement?

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

I'd photocopy the letter you got 17th March and send a copy to Lowell with this Template --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...firming-no-cca
    You can now do this

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by sandra View Post
    thank you for your reply.
    It's what I'm here for

Leave a comment:

• sandra
    replied

I'd photocopy the letter you got 17th March and send a copy to Lowell with this Template --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...firming-no-cca

You must first read this --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates

THEN register THEN once we accept your request you can click the first link (template)....

Worth a shot....
    thank you for your reply.

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

You must first read this --> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...-New-Templates

THEN register THEN once we accept your request you can click the first link (template)....

Worth a shot....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X