GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script T- Mobile Charges caused by terminating contract - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T- Mobile Charges caused by terminating contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T- Mobile Charges caused by terminating contract

My son phoned phoned T Mobile on 27th May 2014 to them 30 days notice that he did not wish to renew his contract with them which was due to expire on 27th June.
    On 16th June he phoned them again to request a PAC number, as he had found a better contract with EE ( which I thought were the same company). T Mobile advised him that he could not do this and would have to pass the PAC number to another provider on a PAYG deal and then transfer this provider to EE. They explained he could not transfer directly from T-Mobile to EE as this internal transfer was not allowed. He passed the PAC number to O2 and they took over his old number on 21 June. A couple of days later he transferred the number to EE as advised by T Mobile.
    He has now received a Bill from T-Mobile, £10.07 for using the PAC 5 days before his contract terminated on 27th June plus £20.00 for terminating his contract before 27th June. He had already paid up his contract with T- Mobile up to the 27th June.
    Today Customer Services at T- Mobile have told him that by using the PAC before 27th June he effectively cancelled the 30 day notice period he gave them on 27th May and an new 30 day notice period began on the day he passed the PAC number to O2. He was told that the £10.07 charge could have been avoided if he had used the PAC code on the last day of the 30 day notice period he gave on 27th May. More interestingly he was told that the £20.00 charge was because he did not give 30 days notice on the day he used the PAC code, He told them this contradictory and illogical, as in the same sentence he was being told he could not use the the PAC code until the last day of his 30 day notice yet in the same sentence he was being told he could not give the 30 day notice that until he used the PAC code. This means he could never leave T-Mobile. He asked them to explain this and they could not and told him that is the way it is.
    My question is are these charges by T-Mobile correct and if not how can he reclaim these charges. I would be grateful for any advice or views on this.
Working...
X