GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Has my mobile phone been hacked? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has my mobile phone been hacked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has my mobile phone been hacked?

Today I suddenly received text messages from people I know which simply say "4504:Message not found".

I've Googled around but can't find the answer to whether it's just a software blip or something more sinister.

I called two of them who told me they hadn't sent me any texts.

I don't want to delete the texts because that would wipe out the whole chain which I want/need to keep.

Any suggestions welcome on how to fix this - but nothing too complicated since I'm rubbish with technology

(it's a BlackBerry handset not an iPhone etc)

Di

The “Unknown Address 4504: Message Not Found” is typically caused the enabling of the 'Block Unknown Senders' option in the default Messaging application, residual current on the inside of the device or some internal conflicts that render the device unable to receive texts properly.2 Apr 2018
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      The “Unknown Address 4504: Message Not Found” is typically caused the enabling of the 'Block Unknown Senders' option in the default Messaging application, residual current on the inside of the device or some internal conflicts that render the device unable to receive texts properly

Thank you Techie.

I have been busy blocking loads of texts from Unknown Senders so that might be it.

I have just successfully sent a text to myself from another handset/number of mine and that arrived safely.

Although the 'internal conflicts' option you suggested makes sense these days

Di

Comment

Working...
      X