GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Mum/Mobile phone issues - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mum/Mobile phone issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mum/Mobile phone issues

Mum's old pay as you go mobile was no longer working, so she passed on £40 to my sister to pick one up from Argos, the link to this is below (price gone down now as well unfortunately).
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search...ms/5185786.htm

However, on using it - it was very crackly, no matter where she was, unlike the older phone she used to have, the sound is poor quality and no-one could hear her properly either.

However, I checked the receipt and it's exempt from the 30 day guarantee, although it does not affect her statutory rights.

I have the receipt, and she only used it very few times because of the lack of the quality of sound, she could not get on with it.

So with the exemption of the guarantee, to me I would class it in the category that it's "not fit for purpose".

Should I write to the Main head office, enclose a copy of the receipt, or write to the address where it was purchased at our local Argos?

Do you think it's worth a shot?
    My mother is disabled and a pensioner, living alone, and needs a phone to carry at all times in case of emergencies.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Mum/Mobile phone issues

Personally id go to head office as you'll only get directed there anyway
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Head office it is then, thank you.

Comment

we bought OH's mum one of these...and she loves it so far! (and its unlocked meaning she can use her old number)

Doro 332 Mobile Phone with £10 T-Mobile Credit : Mobile Phones : Maplin Electronics

Comment

Unfortunately I have had to deal with Argos a few times, not their fault but they have always been eager to help I must admit.

Good luck Di.

Comment

Working...
          X