GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Need some help - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

Hi
    I need some help to crack the password on a windows 7 laptop.
    It is the password on the startup screen and the laptop belongs to my estranged wife who I found this morning. I am hoping there are some sort of instructions, will on it
    I really do need this

Re: Need some help

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
    Hi
    I need some help to crack the password on a windows 7 laptop.
    It is the password on the startup screen and the laptop belongs to my estranged wife who I found this morning. I am hoping there are some sort of instructions, will on it
    I really do need this
    what is the laptop make?

edit sorry thought you said laptop was locked, not windows! Why not wipe it and re-install...?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Do you need info off the HD?

If not, then as Niddy says, just wipe it.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

or maybe

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/main.html

or

(option 3 maybe)

Reset User Account Password - Vista Forums
        Last edited by philnicandamy; 18 July 2012, 17:30.

Comment

Thank you. The situation is i found my (ex) wife dead this morning. Her Samsung laptop is password protected on startup i.e logging in to the user account. I need to access it as she told me there are details regarding her funeral etc. I am her next of kin

Comment

Download "Ophcrack" and make the cd, then boot the computer from the cd and it will display the password for you

Comment

I found her slumped in her chair. I think she died Friday night or Saturday morning.might be more recent.

Comment

Thank you. The situation is i found my (ex) wife dead this morning.

Jon, jesus mate - sorry to hear that. It never rains, it feckin pours
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thank you. The situation is i found my (ex) wife dead this morning. Her Samsung laptop is password protected on startup i.e logging in to the user account. I need to access it as she told me there are details regarding her funeral etc. I am her next of kin
                  I've PMd a member who may be able to help you with the laptop password as agreed

Take care

Plan B xx

Comment

Sorry to hear about your find Jon
                    Last edited by Numpty Monkey; 18 July 2012, 21:02.
                    It's taken years of hard work to earn the capital N in Numpty

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you everyone. I will have a look tomorrow. Been a shitter of a day and I can't do anymore at the moment.
                      Your kind comments are appreciated
                      I do feel a bit of a fraud if you will pardon the pun but we were good friends and I did still care for her deeply , most of you know why we were no longer together. However we never divorced and she will never have to go through the pain of that now .
                      Sorry I will shut up now before I ramble anymore

Comment

Thank you everyone. I will have a look tomorrow. Been a shitter of a day and I can't do anymore at the moment.
                        Your kind comments are appreciated
                        I do feel a bit of a fraud if you will pardon the pun but we were good friends and I did still care for her deeply , most of you know why we were no longer together. However we never divorced and she will never have to go through the pain of that now .
                        Sorry I will shut up now before I ramble anymore
                        Sorry to hear your sad news mate:

Everyone is here for you.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
                        I am not there; I do not sleep.
                        I am a thousand winds that blow,
                        I am the diamond glints on snow,
                        I am the sun on ripened grain,
                        I am the gentle autumn rain.
                        When you awaken in the morning’s hush
                        I am the swift uplifting rush
                        Of quiet birds in circling flight.
                        I am the soft star-shine at night.
                        Do not stand at my grave and cry,
                        I am not there; I did not die.

Comment

Sorry for your loss its not easy.

Comment

For the safety of other users I am removing the comment to assist Jon by Mauijim and PMing him this information it should not be on an open forum (even though you can google it) I rather not have it open and here ...

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                              For the safety of other users I am removing the comment to assist Jon by Mauijim and PMing him this information it should not be on an open forum (even though you can google it) I rather not have it open and here ...
                              If the info is freely available on Google then why can't it be on here

On that basis do you need to delete post # 5 and #7 or even the whole thread

Comment

Working...
                              X