GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Which Browser - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Browser

Hi all
    Well I run mainly IE9 and get on with it ok.
    I also have chrome but I find it a tad slow at times.

Any other suggestions as to which browser I should use?

Also in the task manager what is chrome called, i know that IE9 is called Iexplore. I want to add it to my secure IP bind

Re: Which Browser

Simple answer DUMP I.E it's crap compared to the others.

Get Firefox here

Mozilla Firefox Web Browser — Free Download — mozilla.org

Best browser around for miles and works fantastic with this site

Comment

Yes I love the firefox addons my fav being Fast Dial which is the one I use the most.

Comment

FP - actually.....

Safari codes like FF but outputs like IE.

Let me explain. Go to main AAD site. That is coded to have rounded corners via CSS rule as .5px so it's just off square. However if you now open chrome/ie/safari you'll see the boxes are all rounded to 15px as standard. That's because the FF fix that allows .5px rounded corners won't follow to IE based standard.

What I'm getting at is you know me. I code to FF and Chrome. Doing so means I'm allowing IE8+ (with IE 6/7/9 fixes) & Safari compatible. Thus what you see on FF is actually "true" html5 and css3 whereas on chrome/ie/safari you're actually patched via a CSS fix as that standard is not fully html5 / css3 compliant.

Soooo to get the best of any of our sites always view in Firefox as that's what standard I code ALL our sites to (using the latest standard)!

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That new code is an <article> div within a <container> div within a <page_id> div

IE standard doesn't recognise it so we use a java fix to make it work in IE. basically.

You can view the HTML5 stuff on AAD in view source
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The code has a few errors on AAD based on it being half done. I'm writing a code to force all pages disability compliant (ie easy zoom/blackout etc). But simpleserve is priority just now.

AAD is mainly used for templates and they work fine in any browser - good enough for me

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              The code has a few errors on AAD based on it being half done. I'm writing a code to force all pages disability compliant (ie easy zoom/blackout etc). But simpleserve is priority just now.

AAD is mainly used for templates and they work fine in any browser - good enough for me
              That is good Niddy Thank You

It is amazing how many web designers do not think of that.

Have a :niddy and a from me

Comment

Something has just wizzed straight over my head.

Comment

Yes see your point jon however the jest is ditch I.E and install Mozilla Firefox from the link above then have a browse of the add-ons and install the ones you think you need.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                    the jest is ditch I.E and install Mozilla Firefox from the link above then have a browse of the add-ons and install the ones you think you need.
                    Thanks for the Plain English version

Comment

Working...
                    X