GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anglian water meters (pay as you flow) - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anglian water meters (pay as you flow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anglian water meters (pay as you flow)

Just had this letter .

A while ago we dropped you a line telling you about our plans to install water meters in your area.

We'll be starting work within the next few weeks.

We''ll do our best to survey the area around your home and install and connect our meter without disturbing you or coming onto your property to complete the suvey-most usually the garden.

If we can fit the meter at the same time, we will do. However we may need access to your premises to install the meter at a later date, in which case we will get in touch following the survey to make an appointment that suits you.

Once the meter is installed we'll leave behind an information pack on how pay-as-you-flow can help you save water and money.

I don't want one fitted , do i have to have this fitted i feel another meter on the premises will take up even more space .
    Last edited by Spent2much; 6 June 2013, 12:20.

Re: Anglian water meters (pay as you flow)

All the water meters in my area are underground.... and out on the pavement.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I got the same thing.

Phoned them up and told them not to bother and they cancelled the pre instalation survey.

Comment

I don't that they can force water meters on you. Gawd, its buried deep somewhere in the original legislation which allowed privatisation of such an important commodity to life itself. There has to be a mechanism built into their structures which allows for a calculation based upon rateable value. Knowing that our bungalow way back in 1986 when built was the showhouse for the estate after a couple of years moving here we volunteered to have a water meter fitted. Had the surveys done by the water company's (DWR CYMRU) contractors and despite having spent an hour an a half with all sorts of detectors, turning next door's water on and off and the like (there is more to this story which I won't bore you with) and the use of something equating to a submarine sonar they do not know where our house is supplied from (Ho Bloody Ho) and the first stop cock to the mains supply is under our bathroom wash basin (Ho Ho). They declared our property permanently unsuitable for a water meter (have the letters) and we have a permanent discount on the bill which is about £75 per annum at the moment which of course rises with the water rate increases.

A secondary benefit to this is that we don't need insurance for the water main onto our property from the stopcock in the street as there ain't one and they suspect that the supply feeds from the original builders supply located under the foundation slab, i.e. totally their responsibility if a leak occurs.

regards
        G

Comment

Working...
        X