GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with dishwasher installation - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with dishwasher installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with dishwasher installation

I've had to replace my Bosche slimline dishwasher. OH has installed it but it won't work, no water appears to be going in though we can feel it in the pipes!

Any suggestions please?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Help with dishwasher installation

Has the pipe got a kink in it.....?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No!

Comment

what's the modal number ?

Comment

SPS40C12GB

Comment

http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_8302468_b...ill-water.html

Try this could be your float switch.....

Comment

Thanks for the link, getting ready to get rid of the machine, 4 hours old and decidedly peeved!

Comment

I had similar issues - I just tilted it forwards under counter a couple of times and it seemed to kick it into action

Good luck sorting it.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I'll either try that or kick it as this seems to be a tried and tested family repair method!

Comment

If it's a brand new one..... complain and get it switched.

If it's not brand new, then do an internet search of the problem and it should tell you how to fix it. It does sound like the float (as already said). I got hold of a 2nd hand dishwasher about 6 months ago and had the same problem.
                    Remember the mantra:
                    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

It's brand new!!!

Comment

Hi Cym.

We have a Bosch dishwasher, which we installed ages ago. If I remember rightly, each end of the water pipe (the one that goes into the machine and the one you attach to your water supply under the sink) has a little disc in it. Did you remember to take these discs out?

Another other thing that I seem to remember there being little blue tap device of some sorts. Our is located on the end of the water feed pipe behind the machine. Does this need twisting to open it? If it is not fully opened the machine won't fill.

Lastly, make sure that the waste water pump (located inside the machine on the floor) is fully locked into position.
                        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks. The one end was already attached to machine and oh can't work out hot to remove it, the only thing in the other end is a filter and when that is removed it just leaks everywhere!

The blue thing broke off when oh tried to switch to off and we know it is open by the amount of water that comes out!

Comment

I think there is two pipes in the back - one is permanently fitted (waste?) and one which you fit yourself with a screw action. It is the one you fit yourself that might have a disc inside that needs removing.

The filter needs to stay in place
                            If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

To remove the waste or water pipe at the back of the machine, the thread is revsered, you have to unscrew the wrong way for them to come off.

Usually you cant unscrew the waste pipe without taking the back of the machine apart, but the water feed pipe should come away with no issues.

Ive replaced mine a few times.

Sounds like the float or a blockage of some sort.

Double check the cold feed pipe has no kinks, and the pipe has a direct line access, meaning theres no bends, loops etc, just runs straight in (it can lay on the floor thats not a problem)

Lastly, whats your water pressure like? i know theres water in the pipe but if the pressure is really low i doubt it would feed the machine correctly.

You said oh broke the blue switch off, but theres water in the pipe, i wouldnt be suprised if the valve is only a little open, enough to fill the pipe, but not enoght to draw the required amount of water via pressure in to the machine. Thats my guess.

Can you use a rench or something to open it up a bit more? do you hear a whoosing noise when the valve is opened?
                              Last edited by SXGuy; 14 July 2013, 08:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X