GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CLOSED~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

Welcome to the NEW weight loss inspiration thread

Whether you want to lose weight or just keep a healthy lifestyle, this is the place to come for encouragement and support.

As, hopefully, summer is just around the corner, it's time to start thinking about getting in shape.

I'm starting this thread from scratch so if you want to join in just post your weight loss/gain and your target loss and I'll update this first post.

GOOD LUCK - WE CAN DO IT!

WL to date Target New targets

Pixie -16lbs -16lbs (to get to a healthy BMI though I'd be happy with 14lbs) -12lbs

Deepie -13lbs -16lbs

IF -3.5lb -16lbs -1lb -16lbs -3.5lbs

samsmum -24.5lbs -21lbs

Phoenix -9lbs -9lbs

Spent2much -5lbs -28lbs (already lost a fantastic 23lbs - well done!)

cardiac arrest -1lb -15lbs

Beefy -52lbs -42lbs -52lbs -65lbs -5lbs

Cymruambyth -4.5lbs -14lbs

cecilia-14lbs -14lbs -21lbs -28lbs

Sophie-6lbs -14lbs
    Last edited by Pixie; 2 May 2014, 08:14.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: ~ NEW Weight Loss Inspiration Thread~

I received an email a couple of weeks ago (I think it was from Marie Claire magazine) which mentioned yet another new diet - The Fast Metabolism Diet. When I read through the write up it made a lot of sense from a scientific point of view. I clicked on the link to Amazon and read the reviews for the book from America (it has only just been published here) and was impressed so I bought the book and read it cover to cover on the first day.

I've been on the diet a week and have lost 4lbs already ...and that's with being under a lot of stress this last week (stress is supposed to increase your weight...possibly because of comfort eating)

What diets/plans is anyone else using or are you just eating healthily/taking more exercise?

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Where there's a will there's a way!

I hope you all achieve your goals and stay happy along the way. Good luck!!

Comment

I need to lose 16 lb. It just makes running a lot easier
        I did like a few beers every night so I've stopped that and only have a drink on a Sunday
        Did a 3 mile run this morning I do 2 a week
        In 2 weeks time I'll up that to 4 miles

Comment

Put me down for 16lbs to lose as well Pixie
          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Porridge for breakfast...

Just had grilled chicken breast/salad and a pita bread.....

And drink lots of water.....

Comment

Porridge for breakfast and ryvitas for dinner

I'm drinking loads of water too
              "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I've been quietly plodding on with Slimming World. Lost 19.5lbs now. Not had a good week this week as i've not felt great after my appendix op but getting back on track for my 1.5 stone. Good luck everyone

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                  I've been quietly plodding on with Slimming World. Lost 19.5lbs now. Not had a good week this week as i've not felt great after my appendix op but getting back on track for my 1.5 stone. Good luck everyone
                  Wow, well done!

Comment

Originally posted by samsmum View Post
                    Fantastic samsmum

I'll add you to the list though you've only got 1.5 pounds to go

Comment

Am sort of trying to lose some weight - but need to sustain it for my son's wedding in June next year.

I need to lose around half a stone - but was going to wait until after Christmas, then buy my outfit around April time. (Unless I find something totally suitable spectacularly reduced in the sales at the end of summer!)

But, as everyone sounds inspired I may as well to start gently now - by reducing my chocolate and wine intake!!!

That metabolism books sounds good, Pixie. I don't eat much meat - is it possible to do it eating mainly fruit and veg?

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        Am sort of trying to lose some weight - but need to sustain it for my son's wedding in June next year.

I need to lose around half a stone - but was going to wait until after Christmas, then buy my outfit around April time. (Unless I find something totally suitable spectacularly reduced in the sales at the end of summer!)

But, as everyone sounds inspired I may as well to start gently now - by reducing my chocolate and wine intake!!!
                        Do you want to be added to the first post Phee?

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        That metabolism books sounds good, Pixie. I don't eat much meat - is it possible to do it eating mainly fruit and veg?
                        It is more difficult for vegetarians. What do you eat for protein?

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Do you want to be added to the first post Phee?
                          Yes, please, although it may take me a few months to start losing ....

It is more difficult for vegetarians. What do you eat for protein?
                          I eat cheese and the occasional egg - and fish, sometimes. Am probably deficient in protein. Oh, and loads of fruit - which I know has a lot of "natural" sugar.

Was always a fussy eater even when I was a child ....

Comment

You'd be alright because fish is allowed...but I'm afraid cheese is out.

Comment

Haven't had any wine or chocolate since Sunday.

But, I had a supper at son's house last night and daughter-in-law gave me a big dish of homemade apple pie and custard! Plus, a big slice of apple pie to bring home - have just eaten half of it, with a scoop of ice-cream. Trouble is, I can't throw food away - think it is an age thing. And I am there again tomorrow evening .....

Comment

Working...
                              X