GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DD About to go to Uni - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DD About to go to Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD About to go to Uni

Daughter is in the process of going to University in the next academic year. My question is a simple one: will the fact that I have a trashed CF including a CCJ have a bearing on her getting/not getting a student loan?

Re: DD About to go to Uni

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
    Daughter is in the process of going to University in the next academic year. My question is a simple one: will the fact that I have a trashed CF including a CCJ have a bearing on her getting/not getting a student loan?
    No not at all.....My DD is in her 2nd year and she's had no problems.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

No problem getting one even if you've been/are bankrupt.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, that's a relief. The last thing that I would want is for my situation to affect her chances. I take it they don't carry out any form of credit check on prospective students then?

Comment

Not credit checks. They used to do ID checks, but that will not be affected by bad credit.

Comment

Originally posted by billytommo View Post
            Thanks, that's a relief. The last thing that I would want is for my situation to affect her chances. I take it they don't carry out any form of credit check on prospective students then?
            When my DD turned 18 We went down to HSBC ...They give her a Credit Card £500 Limit and Debit card £300 overdraft.

I've not paid them anything in 5 years now...........

Comment

That's good. We're going down to an Open Day at one of her choices next Saturday and she wants to sort the finance side out. I didn't want my situation to affect that, obviously.

Comment

You are two separate people, so nothing should effect her at all. My daughter had no problems with getting a student loan or anything else.... all Student Finance are interested in is parental income.
                Remember the mantra:
                NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Working...
                X