GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Uniform tax?? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uniform tax??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Uniform tax??

We were a little late sending off the letter, but hubby did ring and they said the letter was received a few weeks ago and now passed onto another section, would that be calculation section?

Yep I understand it would come back as a rebate, every job he's had steelworks etc are company logo'd and would not wear outside of work.......lol

My mate put a letter in just after us, as its the same for her, work logo name tops, safety jackets, boots etc.
    Do they take into account work boots as well then? she said she put boots on her letter

Cheers folks.

Comment

Hi folks

(Uniform rebate claim).

My hubby received his letter today to say they were increasing his code from 9440L to 9500L (950L). April 2013-2014

It says, We agree that £60 is the amount tax relief you are due for the expense that you are likely to have to pay out when doing your job.

Is this about correct does anyone know please?
      He did request for backdating 4 years but not sure if this rebate includes the previous years or not.

He works within a Heavy/Tractor Braking Industry, wears work's unform that we repaid and launder ourselves, so yep, very heavily dirty lol. (Same job industry for the last 4 years).

He is a basic rate payer.

Thank you.

Comment

Di, I've found a link to a table for relief amounts, which relate to having to launder workwear. If your trade is not "on the list" then the amount is £60 per annum.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim32712.htm

The full explanation of relief available is here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/relief-tools.htm
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
          Di, I've found a link to a table for relief amounts, which relate to having to launder workwear. If your trade is not "on the list" then the amount is £60 per annum.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/eimanual/eim32712.htm

The full explanation of relief available is here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/incometax/relief-tools.htm

Thank you Diddly x

I will take a nose at them now, so does that mean they still owe for the backdating too do you know please? (last 4 years)?

cheers

Comment

Well if they have only given you a £60 allowance, then I would definitely say yes, you have only received it for this year.

sigpic

Comment

Well if they have only given you a £60 allowance, then I would definitely say yes, you have only received it for this year.
              Cheers Diddly

When hubby contacted them on the phone over a week or 2 ago, they said it was taking longer than it normally would do to because its the first time he claimed tax relief on uniform, as he also requested for previous years.
              Do you think it's worth him contacting them to find out what happened about the previous years?

Thanks again lol, sorry I am a dimwit at tax issues lol

Comment

Ha ha, you aren't a dimwit!

I would definitely give them a ring and see what is going on. I'm not sure if they'll change his tax code or send him a refund at the end of the tax year, but they'll know x

sigpic

Comment

Ha ha, you aren't a dimwit!

I would definitely give them a ring and see what is going on. I'm not sure if they'll change his tax code or send him a refund at the end of the tax year, but they'll know x

LOL!!!

I did read over on MSE that someone else received a new tax code which hubby also did so he will pay less tax 2013-2014 as you know, and further on they received the back-payment by cheque, so see if they mention about this on the phone tomorrow.

Thanks again lol x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                    it's the first time he claimed tax relief on uniform,
                    Did he also claim tax relief for the whisky he needs to cope with the stresses of work?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Did he also claim tax relief for the whisky he needs to cope with the stresses of work?

LOL oh yes now why didnt i not think of that?? lol!!!!

Comment

Does anyone know if they refund the remaining as an overpayment for previous years, like them sending a P800 calculation?

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
                          Does anyone know if they refund the remaining as an overpayment for previous years, like them sending a P800 calculation?
                          hi di
                          they owed me £300.00 for washing my uniform they didn't send a cheque they just under taxed me.
                          they divided the amount of months left in this tax year which is (8)by £300.00 (300/8= £37.50 so for the remaining 8 months i was £37.50 better off if that makes sense hope that helps
                          ALWAYS SMILE NO MATTER HOW BROKEN YOU ARE

Comment

A question that slipped my mind.

When they backdate on uniform tax, does the notice show the years and each calculation on each year they literally backdated on?

If thats the case it just shows 2013-14 with my hubby's.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                            X