GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Exam results proof - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exam results proof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exam results proof

So, I've applied to uni, lined up great references, and have my interview in a couple of weeks.

But I need to prove my GCSE results from 13 years ago. I was told to ring my old school and they'd be able to give me a letter, but they only keep records for 6 years. I can get them from the exam boards, but it'll cost me hundreds and take four weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get them quicker, and if possible cheaper?

Re: Exam results proof

OMG - I dread to think if someone asked me for proof of my exams........ I know i held on to them for a while at my mum and dad's old house but no idea where they are now - eek mine would be from nearly 30 years ago.

Ames I have no idea but hopefully someone will - you think there would be somewhere now in this day and age you can look them up - and it is a liberty for the exam boards to charge so much!!

Hope someone has a better idea

Good luck for uni hun

Comment

I know, I'm really angry about the cost. It's £35-40 depending on the exam board, for each session. So, I did GCSE maths in the November, but don't know which exam board it was, so I have to pay to all three to get them to check and write a letter confirming or otherwise. Then again to all three for the summer session. And AQA said that as two boards merged to form them, I'd be charged for each exam board. So that's two fees per exam board for the summer session.

I just hope my Sixth form college can give me proof, otherwise that'll get really expensive, since I was there for three years, with two sessions each year, and three exam boards to contact.

Comment

Can't you just SAR them for £10 per exam board?

They wouldn't have to supply certificates, but surely they would be obliged to provide something official from their records showing the grades?
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

http://www.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-EXAMRECORDS.PDF

Can I just get a letter with a list of my results?

AQA can send a letter confirming your results to a third party, such as an employer or a university (see Confirmation of Results To A Third Party on the description of services sheet). However, this cannot be sent to your own address.

If you need a copy of your results for your own reference, you can apply for the Statement of Results. AQA abides by Data Protection principles and requires that all those who supply or use data also adhere to these principles.

There is a charge of £10 for providing details following a subject access request.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I was going to do that weeks ago, but someone said that it'd be better to just get my school to give a letter so angry with myself.

I don't think there's time to do a SAR as they have 40 days don't they? Which would be after the uni course starts.
            Last edited by Ames; 23 August 2011, 13:39.

Comment

The maximum time, yes.

If all else fails might be worth having a word with the exam board though. They might be able to send it much quicker?

I can't imagine that you are the only person having the same problem this time of year?

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy Loo View Post
                OMG - I dread to think if someone asked me for proof of my exams........ I know i held on to them for a while at my mum and dad's old house but no idea where they are now
                No idea where my GCSE or A' level ones are either? If someone asked, I'd be stuck.

I've got all my degree ones, which is all anyone's ever asked for since then. So hopefully that will continue to be OK.

Comment

I've just spoken to all three exam boards and they've said to apply for proof of results for the full fee. I'm not sure if I really want to risk them taking the full 40 days.

On the other hand, I should be able to get my A level results from my college. Uni want proof of English and Maths GCSE and I have AS maths. So maybe they'd be prepared to wait a few days.

Is the 40 days working days or just days?

Maybe I could add a plea to the letter making the request that they try and do it quicker. I need to get it off today though, does anyone know where I can get a template letter? And how to pay for it, as they don't accept cheques or PO's, only debit/credit cards.

Comment

A SAR is 40 calendar days.

Never seen a template for that I'm afraid? Do the exam boards not have a request form or something you can download?

Comment

The only forms they have are for the £35 a time confirmation of results letter.

I guess I'll just have to go for those. I'll need to get in touch with dad for a loan to cover it though, I'm due nearly 7k in the next few days so he knows I'm good for it, although he's skint too.

And I need to get a copy of his and mum's decree absolute, because the form I pried out of him turns out to be the nisi.

Aaargh, I hate paperwork!

Comment

I've found a template, I'm going to email it off today to all three boards and hope for the best.

Comment

Ok, I've emailed off SAR requests. I've also put a call out on Facebook and found out what the English and Maths exam boards were. So if I don't hear anything at all about the SAR in a couple of days, I'll go ahead with the paying £35 for both of those.

I'd better bloomin get in to uni after all this!

Comment

Well, I've already had two replies.

AQA (which is the one I need most) said they aim to respons within 2-3 days, and that they try to prioritise urgent requests but it's not always possible at busy times of year.

OCR have just told me to use the form to pay the £35 per session for any results. Which doesn't really fit the DPA law does it?

Nothing from Edexcel.

Comment

I went to uni 7 years ago as a (very) mature student. Didn't have a clue where my O level results were and I wasn't asked to provide them. I don't even think the exam board is in existence any longer (Joint Matriculation Board.)

Surely it should be enough to just provide your A level results? Is there any particular reason they want proof of Maths and English GCSE?
                              Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                              X