GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Anyone else with the Open Uni? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else with the Open Uni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else with the Open Uni?

Hi Peeps

Just wondered if there any other fellow OU students out there?

I've been with them on and off for 12 years now (money permitting) and am currently studying an introduction to business B120 which is OK but I probably wouldn't take this course again given the choice.

I'm aiming for an Open BSc studying Economics and I keep saying Social science but I keep getting good grades in the business courses I've done so I'm a bit mixed really.

mrs bxx

Re: Anyone else with the Open Uni?

I was with the OU up until 2006 and graduated with double Honours. If you're getting good grades in the Business modules, you could stick with those or go for double Honours in 2 subjects like i did

It is difficult when your interest lies in 2 subjects, I agree.....

Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well done P1

I work for a high street retailer so have a good working knowledge of business (and I was brought up in a pub lol) so I can apply the course concepts to real life business situations. I think it's the cost that's putting me off - and I'm one of the lucky ones still on the old fees system.

Common sense says stick with what I know best lol

Comment

Originally posted by mrs bucket View Post
        Well done P1

I work for a high street retailer so have a good working knowledge of business (and I was brought up in a pub lol) so I can apply the course concepts to real life business situations. I think it's the cost that's putting me off - and I'm one of the lucky ones still on the old fees system.

Common sense says stick with what I know best lol
        Yes, I agree.... the cost must be off-putting. Uni. education should be free!
        Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

If only it was free....

Comment

http://www3.open.ac.uk/media/fullstory.aspx?id=24794

Thought this might be worth a mention since it's free.

Comment

Originally posted by mrs bucket View Post
              Hi Peeps

Just wondered if there any other fellow OU students out there?

I've been with them on and off for 12 years now (money permitting) and am currently studying an introduction to business B120 which is OK but I probably wouldn't take this course again given the choice.

I'm aiming for an Open BSc studying Economics and I keep saying Social science but I keep getting good grades in the business courses I've done so I'm a bit mixed really.

mrs bxx
              yep with the OU and have obtained a number of qualifications from there.

If your on low income you can get funding too for course fees, etc too

Comment

The fees structure has changed for English students atm but will be rolled out to Wales and Scotland I think 2013 but don't quote me lol.

Whereas a 60 point course costs roughly £750 for me under the old fees system it will cost new and future students £1500 approx. You can get a student loan to cover fees if you are a new student.

It's become really expensive! Just glad I'm on the old fees tbh.

Comment

I've just signed with OU through their Access to Learning route. Although you need meet the criteria of Low income < 25k, and no University experience, its worth a look because they pay the majority of the initial study costs. I've paid £25 for a introductory module (normal price £625) then I pay £50 for a level 1 module normally £2500 which is equal to 60 credits.

Its a Spring board to further Education

Comment

Working...
                  X