GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Working hours / holidays etc etc - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working hours / holidays etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working hours / holidays etc etc

Probably my third thread in as many months. Apologies for this but suppose is partly me moving into a new "sector". The following is my understanding, and as far as I am aware, is all correct. Just wanted confirmation more than anything else.

EVERYONE is entitled to 5.6 weeks holiday per year, this being 20 days PLUS bank holidays. Obviously this is pro-rated, but my way of looking at it is that a week is a week whether that be 10 or 40 hours.

With bank holidays,obviously if your not down to work them, then you dont get extra, but what happens if you do - this is where my understanding may be incorrect. My understanding is that if you work a bank holiday, it isnt a case of "just tough" you are entitled to time off in lieu - or some may just pay double time and the day off in lieu is forfeited. That as far as I am aware is correct.

One area I am not too well up on, and does effect me currently is Christmas Day (and NYD), What happens if you are rota'd on for these?? Obviously most places are closed. My uderstanding is that you should be paid, but obviously with not working there is no time off in lieu - just a standard days pay - which forms part of the 5.6 weeks (or 1.6 as far as Bank Hols go) holiday.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.
Working...
X