GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Where do I stand? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I stand?

Hey guys,

I've had an issue at work where my probation has been extended due to a few things that haven't been completed on time. This probation was extended yesterday morning over the phone by my line manager, I had to go to the doctors yesterday morning which I forgot about, and it wasn't until I received a text reminder that morning that I needed to go.

my fault, I didn't call my manager to advise of this mainly because I didn't know how long I'd be and thought I'd be in work on time. The concession had adequate cover (I manage the concession), and I was making my way back in when my manager asked me where I was, so I told her, I have texts to prove I didn't lie when confronted.

Today I had a phone call from my boss saying I didn't go to work when I said I did, she proceeded to say that I've taken the piss (her actual words), and advise that this job could have been something amazing and I've blown it, and that, and I quote, "There is no place in the business for someone like you". I have a screen shot of the time and date of the phone call and have documented it. She is alluding to the fact that the investigation has already been concluded (the date isn't until 29th of April) and that I will be sacked.

My my knowledge of investigations and disciplinerys have always been that the investigation should be fair and unbiased and merely a fact finding instrument to decide wether or not to take the employee to a disciplinery, and not a way to almost force that person out so they don't get sacked. She has used various words with my before such as "promote the member of staff to customer and manage them through the business", other managers have also advised that they have been asked by my manager to set higher targets than the person can achieve so you have grounds for dismissal, I just wanted to find out what I can do and what to prepare.

thanks guys

TM

TibetanMonk
    On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Re: Where do I stand?

Send a PM to TastyJane - she's our employment expert and is a HR Manager

Hope you get it sorted....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Send a PM to TastyJane - she's our employment expert and is a HR Manager

Hope you get it sorted....
      Thanks nids, let's hope I have a better year next year eh!

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Hey lovely replied to your PM, my advice will be based on your length of service I'm afraid. She does sound terribly unprofessional though.

Jane x

Comment

Hey Jane,

As a concession manager I am required to have a store approval, which means the host store (the department store) has to believe I am what they'd look for. She extended my probation and then invited me to the investigation hearing which would have been scheduled for the day before my last review date? She also sent a copy of my probation extension and the reasons why to the department store? Yet I'm
          Not employed with them nor have I said they can have any of my employment details?

TM

TibetanMonk
          On Debt Row

Comment

What does your company contract say with regards to your employment relationship with the host store?

How long have you been employed by the company?

Jane x

Comment

Hi Jane,

All it says is that my store approval by the host store can be withdrawn by them at any point, that's literally it. I've been with the company just over two months.

TM

TibetanMonk
              On Debt Row

Comment

OK I've sent you another PM - unfortunately with under 2 years service the company can almost (and I say almost) do what they wish - I would be very surprised if they even started to initiate a disciplinary with you formally when all they have to do in reality is terminate your contract - if you are still on probation it will just cost them 1 weeks monies I would think in lieu of notice. People get so hung up on whether they have passed their probationary period when in fact unless you have 2 years service you are afforded very little protection under general employment legislation!

Jane x

Comment

Working...
                X