GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Concentrix... Has anyone experienced this company - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Concentrix... Has anyone experienced this company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concentrix... Has anyone experienced this company

I would welcome any experiences or comments on this company. My daughter (single) has received a letter from them claiming they have evidence of her not declaring a change in circumstances. We have just spent an evening running 12 months bank statements, utility bills, and phoning to obtain a tenancy agreement. I decided to google... and come on here to see if anyone else had experience of this company working for the tax credit office, when I found this article from the Independant.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10060745.html

So my first advice was to hold fire on the paperwork and ring the actual tax office she normally deals with... any suggestions or comments would help us sort this out

thanks
    If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Re: Concentrix... Has anyone experienced this company

Sorry Susie, I haven't any experience of Concentrix but a Google search shows that many people have. They seem to be concentrating on targeting single women, saying that they're living with a partner and they have to provide proof that they're not. How on earth do you provide proof of something that isn't happening? Surely it's up to Concentrix (and HMRC) to provide the proof that they are cohabiting? It seems to be a typical government cock-up of rushing something through without thinking it through and without providing correct training, not forgetting the "sanction targets".

I think phoning the tax office would be a good place to start though I'm not sure how easy it would be to get through on the phone. I would also write to ask Concentrix for proof of the evidence that she hasn't reported a change in circumstances. The last thing she wants is to have her tax credit stopped.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

did they say what the change in circumstances was? Or was it a general letter?

Comment

There certainly is a lot of bother with this company, at first we wondered if it was some sort of scam which worried us as she had given details when she phoned the company. Its in Ireland,and the guy was so vague, He said .... bank activity ..,.. that was all. So we worried that he had access to bank account, but not so. this is a bluff it seems. They have no training and up until around xmas were just a call centre!!....So we checked with the tax office who confirmed they were legit and working with them, and would say no more on the subject. So we now have to collect loads of paperwork supposedly to prove this unknown evidence they have ...r ight or wrongly. and send it off. There seems to be no way of getting them to say what they have , that are concerned about. They are just phishing, and are on targets of payment by results.. Its disgraceful, but part of the big brother thing we have no control over.

We have just sent a covering letter with an overview of what she is doing at the moment, ie she changed her job to train as a dental nurse.

There should be something that makes these people give the evidence they have that makes them send out the letters ( which are so accusing and rude ) Just like we have SAR for debts etc.

Crazy world.. and thanks for chipping in.....Thousands of young mums in the same position at the moment ....
        If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Typical "sledgehammer to crack a nut" approach. No doubt there will be some who are claiming as single parents when they're actually living with someone but it's wrong to accuse everyone without any evidence at all.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well we sent the papers off that they asked for , although in today's world of online payments, they are a bit behind the times. Single mums are just the latest target,, and mums that are trying their hardest to become independent and provide... oh I ll get off my soapbox , lol Need a bigger one.... thanks

Comment

Working...
            X