GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script will house prices rise again ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will house prices rise again ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will house prices rise again ?

Just wondering i know there isn't a crystal ball ,but going on past trends are they likely to rise again .
    I am asking because mine is valued at £105000-120000 the lowest is from zoopla, i want to ideally sell this and buy one cash .

Re: will house prices rise again ?

I think they will go up, but not for a while and maybe not before they fall again.

Obviously there are variables regarding where you live etc.

If we look to the state of the economy, its unlikely we will repay our debts by 2015, so interest rates will stay low and inflation will rise.

That cant help having a knock on affect to house prices, because if people arnt earning anything, and paying out more, its unlikely they will be in a position to buy which will also mean house prices will stay low.

There are a hell of a lot of rentals at the moment, because people simply cant get a mortgage.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Crystal Ball time really

Everybody seems to have differing views on it.

Think alot of the problem is it was a classic speculators bubble. In time it will come right and find its level. End of the day we keep being told there is still a shortage.

But it still needs to have a shake out and in that sense there will still be alot of people who are losers to come.

Bubbles happen at anytime to anything. Tulips once were vert valuable indeed. Now they are worth virtually nothing. Good if you purchased on the up bad if you got lumbered on the down but no different if you purchased at the beginning because they are worth what they are actually worth again.

Part of why you canna get 100% mortgages and need the big deposit. The people who think they know think there is still some downward. But they wont tell you and me just incase they sparked the downward.

But what do I know. If I was a real whizz at this stuff I would be on millionaires dot com.

Comment

depends on where you are, i know people in london whose property has gone up in the last three years and in my area of the country it hasn't moved much.

In my view the price of property will go up, we are a small island with a ever increasing population, the one thing they make no more is land!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
          Crystal Ball time really

Everybody seems to have differing views on it.

Think alot of the problem is it was a classic speculators bubble. In time it will come right and find its level. End of the day we keep being told there is still a shortage.

But it still needs to have a shake out and in that sense there will still be alot of people who are losers to come.

Bubbles happen at anytime to anything. Tulips once were vert valuable indeed. Now they are worth virtually nothing. Good if you purchased on the up bad if you got lumbered on the down but no different if you purchased at the beginning because they are worth what they are actually worth again.

Part of why you canna get 100% mortgages and need the big deposit. The people who think they know think there is still some downward. But they wont tell you and me just incase they sparked the downward.

But what do I know. If I was a real whizz at this stuff I would be on millionaires dot com.

You can get a type of 100% mortgages and you no longer need big deposits, saying that though a big deposit gives you a better rate.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
            You can get a type of 100% mortgages and you no longer need big deposits, saying that though a big deposit gives you a better rate.
            But would doubt it is for normal Joe Public is what I mean.

You must be a special type of borrower one the banks want to give a special deal?

If this was possible right now the first time buyers would be flooding back. And they are not.

Comment

Originally posted by ken100464 View Post
              But would doubt it is for normal Joe Public is what I mean.

You must be a special type of borrower one the banks want to give a special deal?

If this was possible right now the first time buyers would be flooding back. And they are not.
              Nope , I just know whats on the market, but your right in a way to get a 100% mortgage you do need someone who will guarantee you and possibly offer some security.

Comment

My brother was hoping to sell and buy cash and he has enough equity to do so. He couldn't sell his house though even though it was marketed at a reasonable price. I am not expert but I don't think there will be any massive changes to prices for a while.

Comment

My house been on the market since 2008 on & off, but dropped £50,000 in so called value according to certain buyers (most are Polish, or developers (quick Buck merchants) those so called cash buyers are out to make great gains, but I am now trying to sell midway figure and not less as to clear mortgage and downsize with some over is the requirement, but what I have notice the downsize properties we would like to look at seem to not reduce in price as much as we are expected to reduce ours.

One quick buck estate agent tried to tell me that the offers are good, as a house down the road sold for that price? I said you have not seen that house it was run down and took a couple weeks to clean it up before they started doing it up, also Our property is up higher and has the sea views across the Bay etc and is not terraced. so we parted company PDQ. They did not even do the viewings.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
                    My house been on the market since 2008 on & off, but dropped £50,000 in so called value according to certain buyers (most are Polish, or developers (quick Buck merchants) those so called cash buyers are out to make great gains, but I am now trying to sell midway figure and not less as to clear mortgage and downsize with some over is the requirement, but what I have notice the downsize properties we would like to look at seem to not reduce in price as much as we are expected to reduce ours.

One quick buck estate agent tried to tell me that the offers are good, as a house down the road sold for that price? I said you have not seen that house it was run down and took a couple weeks to clean it up before they started doing it up, also Our property is up higher and has the sea views across the Bay etc and is not terraced. so we parted company PDQ. They did not even do the viewings.
                    thanks , hopefully in 5 years they will improve enough for us to sell and buy one cash and then the debts will be statute barred , there some great houses for sale need a bit of doing up near us and as cheap as £40000 for a terraced . Ours is so big its got four bedrooms 2 bathrooms and a 30 foot living room , don't get me wrong i love the house but there is only me and hubby and our youngest at home now so it seems huge .

Comment

Working...
                    X