GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Endeavour Personal Finance/Click Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Endeavour Personal Finance/Click Finance

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endeavour Personal Finance/Click Finance

Right, just a little query here.

Maybe a bit confusing but here goes......
    Back in 2004 we had our first ever secured loan, this was set up by a broker called Click Finance. The lender was Endeavour Personal Finance.

The broker dissolved in 2006 but continued to run other Click loan companies, they also still ran the older companies but the ones we used as stated dissolved, basically so they could start another new company up.
    The same manager and director mind you.

Now reading through the documents, it was a regulated agreement, the loan was less than £20K, however insurance was added on top to bring the total to over that amount.

What I did also come across on the paperwork was that the broker made commission of just less that £1.7K after setting up our loan.

Now if I was to make a complaint in regards of how this was sold to me, it would have to be the broker, but as they dissolved its impossible (yet they were not covered by FSA/GISC anyway so could not have gone the FOS direction.

(I have a reclaim now on these on PPI) but as advised by going the insurer - Hamilton direction these were covered by FSA as being an insurer/underwriter.

I am keeping this separate to the PPI, but did read sometime last week somewhere that if your agreement was a regulated one, you could take it up with the lender.

So what I would like to know if anyone knows if this is correct or not?

However, again I would still be in a situation because the even if I could, the lender Endeavour were not covered either.

Sorry if this is baffling, but any info would be a help, cheers folks.

Re: Endeavour Personal Finance/Click Finance

Hi Di,
    Can't help with your specific enquiry but I'm going to have another look at my Endeavour PPI reclaim in light of the recent test case. It was taken out in Sept 2001 via a broker called purple loans.

When I used to post on the MSE forum a chap named Peter got involved with my query re this and got me to sign up to his company to get the claim done on the premice that they would get back their fees from the lender. Eventually the solicitors I was given got on the case but it dragged on for a couple of years. Back last May, in effort to bring a resolution to it they sent a part 36 offer to Endeavour for a smaller amount which they totally ignored.
    The solicitor then said that they didn't feel I had a case to go to court and that was that !!

I'm going to have to dig all the info out again and see if I can do it myself albeit Endeavour don't seem to keen to co-operate and if I recall right it was an un-regulated loan too.

Comment

Originally posted by fedupwiththeworry View Post
      Hi Di,
      Can't help with your specific enquiry but I'm going to have another look at my Endeavour PPI reclaim in light of the recent test case. It was taken out in Sept 2001 via a broker called purple loans.

When I used to post on the MSE forum a chap named Peter got involved with my query re this and got me to sign up to his company to get the claim done on the premice that they would get back their fees from the lender. Eventually the solicitors I was given got on the case but it dragged on for a couple of years. Back last May, in effort to bring a resolution to it they sent a part 36 offer to Endeavour for a smaller amount which they totally ignored.
      The solicitor then said that they didn't feel I had a case to go to court and that was that !!

I'm going to have to dig all the info out again and see if I can do it myself albeit Endeavour don't seem to keen to co-operate and if I recall right it was an un-regulated loan too.

Hiya hun and thank you for reading.

I am grateful for everyone's opinions.

However, it seems now it all in the hands of the insurer and not Endeavour going by what the FOS have confirmed, an I am to expect a letter by the end of this week or maybe early next week.

Let me know if you need any help on yours, cheers x

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
        Hiya hun and thank you for reading.

I am grateful for everyone's opinions.

However, it seems now it all in the hands of the insurer and not Endeavour going by what the FOS have confirmed, an I am to expect a letter by the end of this week or maybe early next week.

Let me know if you need any help on yours, cheers x
        That's interesting Di. Was the name of the insurer on your paperwork ?
        Just wondering if I might be better going to them as Endeavour won't budge even with a solicitor on their case.
        Also is there a timescale you have to work to i.e. my loan was in 2001 ?
        It was front loaded PPI and the bloke who came to the house from Purple Loans as far as I can recall didn't even explain what it was, it was just part of the deal and he certainly didn't go into the fact that the PPI part only lasted for 5 years of the 20 year loan.

Comment

That's interesting Di. Was the name of the insurer on your paperwork ?
          Just wondering if I might be better going to them as Endeavour won't budge even with a solicitor on their case.
          Also is there a timescale you have to work to i.e. my loan was in 2001 ?
          It was front loaded PPI and the bloke who came to the house from Purple Loans as far as I can recall didn't even explain what it was, it was just part of the deal and he certainly didn't go into the fact that the PPI part only lasted for 5 years of the 20 year loan.

Hiya

I had requested for the Payment Protection Insurance policy details from Endeavour, they sent them by post within about 14 days, and the details of Hamilton are enclosed.
          Its something they don't enclose with the loan documents when you receive these after the application completes.

So it may be a good idea to go this direction.
          The FOS will be able to take this on under the insurer/underwriter as they were regulated.
          Maybe yours is Hamilton like mine, but worth checking because mine wasn't taken out until 2004.

Write to Endeavour and ask them to supply you with the insurer policy document details.

Comment

Hiya

I had requested for the Payment Protection Insurance policy details from Endeavour, they sent them by post within about 14 days, and the details of Hamilton are enclosed.
            Its something they don't enclose with the loan documents when you receive these after the application completes.

So it may be a good idea to go this direction.
            The FOS will be able to take this on under the insurer/underwriter as they were regulated.
            Maybe yours is Hamilton like mine, but worth checking because mine wasn't taken out until 2004.

Write to Endeavour and ask them to supply you with the insurer policy document details.
            I've just dug out all the paperwork and found the docs that were sent to me for PPI and the Company is BFC Insurance Ltd then under that it says BFC Insurance (Life) Ltd.
            They are in Dublin, wonder if that makes any difference as they are not UK based ?

Comment

Actually just found this on the web :-
              http://hamiltontransfer.com/library/...l%20Report.pdf

section 1.12

Not sure if that means BFC are part of Hamilton or if BFC just sold a part of their business portfolio ?

Seems the transfer of Hamilton to Aviva went though judging by this letterhead
              http://www.aviva.com/library/pdfs/in...urn-311209.PDF

Comment

Hiya

Its possible, but the policy details Endeavour sent me on request was about 4 to 5 pages, on the front it says Payment Protection Insurance and Hamilton Insurers, to contact these if in need of a claim.
                I think I had details of Hamilton on some of the paperwork, but nothing exactly explained in full like the above PPI policy document they sent me.
                Normally this is requested for separately, so ask them for a copy anyway, then pursue them, if they reject, then move on to the FOS, you can then send them a full copy of the policy document, where every details is about the insurer.

Comment

Hiya

Its possible, but the policy details Endeavour sent me on request was about 4 to 5 pages, on the front it says Payment Protection Insurance and Hamilton Insurers, to contact these if in need of a claim.
                  I think I had details of Hamilton on some of the paperwork, but nothing exactly explained in full like the above PPI policy document they sent me.
                  Normally this is requested for separately, so ask them for a copy anyway, then pursue them, if they reject, then move on to the FOS, you can then send them a full copy of the policy document, where every details is about the insurer.
                  Hi Di,
                  Early on in the process when the case was with Protected Investments Ltd (via Peter on MSE) I paid for a SAR from Endeavour.
                  I've just emailed the solicitors who were handling the case up to last year and asked for all the information back, assuming of course the Protected Investments forwarded it all which I would think they would have.

Comment

Hi Di,
                    Early on in the process when the case was with Protected Investments Ltd (via Peter on MSE) I paid for a SAR from Endeavour.
                    I've just emailed the solicitors who were handling the case up to last year and asked for all the information back, assuming of course the Protected Investments forwarded it all which I would think they would have.

That should save you some money then.

I think I know the Peter you mean, don't think he posts up on MSE anymore does he?
                    A few have had problems and claims let down big time, where they some were passed on to different ones all the time if they didn't work out with that actual solicitor.

when I sar'd Endeavour, that was one thing they did not enclose with the documents, and I had to request for these (insurer docs separately), because they request them from the insurer from what I know of, but hopefully you will have the details that also includes the full details of the insurer, address and complaints procedures.
                    This was just a booklet alone of just the insurer alone.

Comment

That should save you some money then.

I think I know the Peter you mean, don't think he posts up on MSE anymore does he?
                      A few have had problems and claims let down big time, where they some were passed on to different ones all the time if they didn't work out with that actual solicitor.

when I sar'd Endeavour, that was one thing they did not enclose with the documents, and I had to request for these (insurer docs separately), because they request them from the insurer from what I know of, but hopefully you will have the details that also includes the full details of the insurer, address and complaints procedures.
                      This was just a booklet alone of just the insurer alone.
                      Not sure if Peter posts now as I don't really go on there much anymore as we now have this fantastic forum
                      I'd tried claiming direct from both Endeavour & the broker who were Purple Loans/Mid & Gen i.e. GE, all turned me down, I now know that's all part of what happens so should have sent more then the couple of follow up letters.

Anyhow I was posting about it on MSE when I got a message from Peter and he was pretty confident his Co could do it on a no fee basis so I went with him.

A couple of years later it just fizzled out with the solicitor stating we didn't have enough of a chance to go to court.

So I'm going to try myself again albeit the loan goes back to 2001

I know the insurer is BFC and I have the letter headed Payment Protection Plan which refers to the policy doc which I also have. That's headed Sterling Credit Ltd/Endeavour personal Finance Ltd Payment Protection Plan which is 4 pages of terms on glossy paper.

Any suggestions as to what wording I should use to approach BFC Insurance with ?

Thx Di

Comment

Not sure if Peter posts now as I don't really go on there much anymore as we now have this fantastic forum
                        I'd tried claiming direct from both Endeavour & the broker who were Purple Loans/Mid & Gen i.e. GE, all turned me down, I now know that's all part of what happens so should have sent more then the couple of follow up letters.

Anyhow I was posting about it on MSE when I got a message from Peter and he was pretty confident his Co could do it on a no fee basis so I went with him.

A couple of years later it just fizzled out with the solicitor stating we didn't have enough of a chance to go to court.

So I'm going to try myself again albeit the loan goes back to 2001

I know the insurer is BFC and I have the letter headed Payment Protection Plan which refers to the policy doc which I also have. That's headed Sterling Credit Ltd/Endeavour personal Finance Ltd Payment Protection Plan which is 4 pages of terms on glossy paper.

Any suggestions as to what wording I should use to approach BFC Insurance with ?

Thx Di

Hiya

Yes I hear this happened to lots of people over on MSE. But still its good to know you don't want to let it go and have a go yourself.

If I remember correctly, when I had no joy with the broker because they dissolved in 2006, from a loan taken out in 2004, called Click Finance, and of course as you know the lender the same as yours EPF, It was suggested to me to ring the FOS anyway before being in touch with the Insurer, because the FOS will write to them on your behalf if you ask them, this may save you time later on, and I do recall they done this for me, even though the insurer states its nothing at all to do with them the FOS obviously think there is because some time have gone by and they are still persistant with this.

It will take some time, but give the FOS a call first, explain who the insurer is and ask if they are able to write to them on your behalf, they should do but if they say no, let me know and we can try putting something together.
                        http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html

Good luck. x

Comment

Hiya

Yes I hear this happened to lots of people over on MSE. But still its good to know you don't want to let it go and have a go yourself.

If I remember correctly, when I had no joy with the broker because they dissolved in 2006, from a loan taken out in 2004, called Click Finance, and of course as you know the lender the same as yours EPF, It was suggested to me to ring the FOS anyway before being in touch with the Insurer, because the FOS will write to them on your behalf if you ask them, this may save you time later on, and I do recall they done this for me, even though the insurer states its nothing at all to do with them the FOS obviously think there is because some time have gone by and they are still persistant with this.

It will take some time, but give the FOS a call first, explain who the insurer is and ask if they are able to write to them on your behalf, they should do but if they say no, let me know and we can try putting something together.
                          http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...act/index.html

Good luck. x
                          Thanks Di,
                          I'll get in touch with them once I've got my info back from the solicitors (they've confirmed today that they are retrieving my file from their storage facility)
                          Last edited by lookingforward; 24 May 2011, 14:53.

Comment

Your very welcome.

Comment

Did you manage to get hold of the FOS hon?

Comment

Working...
                              X