GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Can I apply for credit? Best card to apply for? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I apply for credit? Best card to apply for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I apply for credit? Best card to apply for?

Hi

I have one default left on my file due to fall off in two weeks. All my debts are SB now (hopefully!)so im hoping to repair my file.

I've had my bank account for 7 years and have all green ticks since then. I had for the a vanquis card for the past ywo years that I recently closed and a barclaycard and Nationwide card all opened in 2013. I never missed a payment on them. I'd like to transfer a balance of £1k thats on the barclycard but am hesitant to apply for a new card as I dont want to be chased or alert by the DCA's. I get letters from them every so often chasing for old debts. Niddys letters usually make the crawl back under their rocks, though!

When can I apply for a new card and is it safe to do so? I'll obviously wait until the default drops off on the 29th. I havent checked my credit report for over a year on Niddy's advice, I am still scared to look at it. God knows what's on there. Once the default goes off I should only have green ticks on everything since 2007 but im not sure if any DCA has added any old stuff or searches as Ive not checked.

Which card would be the best one to go for?

Thank you

Re: Can I apply for credit? Best card to apply for?

Start by reading this thread http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ll=1#post54045

Then wait for Niddy to give you some up-to-date tips.

Comment

Thank you, Plan B. Will have a read x

Comment

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
        Thank you, Plan B. Will have a read x
        You do that and then we'll have a little chat

Comment

Hi

I've read Niddys guide and It was very thorough. I had a vanquis card for two years but closed due to getting the barclycard and nationwide cards so dont think I will need to go the subprime route.

My last default drops off next week so can I try the eligibility checkers after then to see what I may be able to get or will it alert the DCA's? I get hassle for stuff that was SB and went off my file in 2012. I have a santander account opened in 2007 With £3k overdraft and the above two cards. Nationwide wont give me any BT offers, ive asked them. Santander will only give me the overdraft, ive never had anny offers from them.

My file should look great great next week as Ive not pissed a payment on anything since 2007. Im hoping nothing has been added on there by the nasty dca's.

I want to transfer 1k from a barclycard.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by amberashjess View Post
            Ive not pissed a payment on anything since 2007.
            Wow! That's a long time to hold it in. You must have a very strong bladder.

As for credit cards, I'd give this one a try -

http://fluid.co.uk/

It has got decent terms for balance transfers, and the eligibility check for it only records a soft search so it shouldn't have any detrimental effect on your credit file.

SH
            Last edited by ScabHunter; 22 January 2015, 09:56.

Comment

Scanhunter, thanks for your reply.

Whoops I posted that on my phone so it was my fat fingers fault!

I will pre check next week when the default has disappeared.

Comment

Hi

I did the soft check for the fluid card and it said, good news you are likely to be accepted for the 26 month BT card. All defaults should be off my file today on 29th January. I haven't yet applied because I'm too scared that the DCA's will still chase me even though the debts are SB.

What do you think I should do.

Thank you all for helping me get to this far with my situation. Everything should be off my file and SB.

Comment

Hi

I soft checked natwest too and that came out Good mews 8/10 chance. Im not sure if to go for or just wait. Im keen on the mbna card and I have to transfer from my barclaycard by feb. I dont know what to do now, im scared of the debt collectors, its been years of harrassment from them.

Thanks

Update

Decided to apply and got the fluid card 5,400 limit.
                  Last edited by amberashjess; 30 January 2015, 12:37.

Comment

Working...
                  X