GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Clydesdale Credit Card Terms and Conditions - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clydesdale Credit Card Terms and Conditions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clydesdale Credit Card Terms and Conditions

I've not been on here for a while so not sure if I've posted in the right place but I'm sure someone will put me right if necessary. This is the second time I've typed it all because I managed to delete it the first time!

I have a Clydesdale credit card which offered interest free period of 26 months for purchases and 12 months balance transfers from the date of opening.

The T & C's referring to the allocation of payments is as follows. -

HOW WE USE YOUR PAYMENTS - If you do not pay the entire balance on your account we will apply the amount you pay to the outstanding balance starting with those items to which the highest interest rate applies. We will pay off statemented transactions before we pay off more recent transactions.

I therefore assumed that any payments I made within the first 12 months would go towards the balance transfers, because although they didn't accrue interest due to the offer, they would eventually be the amounts that the highest interest rate would apply to when interest became due.

The payments that I have made in 12 months cover the amounts of the transfers plus a few hundred pounds more but having received my statement, there is a large amount that has gone on to the standard rate and I can't figure how they have arrived at the amount.

I have spoken to them and to be honest, the explanation I was given made no sense at all so I am going to get in touch again and request a full statement showing how payments I have made have been applied.

I know that Niddy has fantastic knowledge of credit card T & C's so when I've got access to a scanner I will email a copy for him to have a look at if he has time.

In the meantime, if anyone has an opinion or experienced anything similar I would appreciate any comments.

Thanks

MP

We all know how important credit cards for us in our daily lives. They are being issued by banks and NBFCs which allows you to make your immediate purchases on credit, on a predefined credit limit. The credit card bills are paid before the due date. It is the best alternative for cash or cheque. Before applying for any credit card, you must be aware of some of the basic things and xxxxxxx about it to make yourself aware of any fraudulent activity that may happen in near future.
    Last edited by Joanna Connolly Solicitors; 26 January 2021, 09:49.

Comment

Originally posted by itsmejerry04 View Post
      We all know how important credit cards for us in our daily lives. They are being issued by banks and NBFCs which allows you to make your immediate purchases on credit, on a predefined credit limit. The credit card bills are paid before the due date. It is the best alternative for cash or cheque. Before applying for any credit card, you must be aware of some of the basic things and xxxxxxx about it to make yourself aware of any fraudulent activity that may happen in near future.

I’ve removed your link to a business website.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by itsmejerry04 View Post
        NOTE:- never enter links to external sites, we are here to assist where possible not and advertising forum.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post

NOTE:- never enter links to external sites, we are here to assist where possible not and advertising forum.

And I'll add that this forum does not encourage people in debt to take out further credit which can be all too easy when there are some lenders who don't take affordability issues seriously.

I'm currently interested in the negative effect had on consumers who got involved in guarantor loans such as Amigo. Obviously the borrower couldn't afford the loan or they wouldn't have needed a guarantor in the first place.

I'm speaking with one person at the moment who separated from her partner, he then guaranteed a loan for his new friend, she (friend) couldn't afford to repay the loan, so he (guarantor and ex-partner) got a CCJ and then a Charging Order on the home jointly owned with his ex-partner who knew nothing about her ex-partner guaranteeing a loan for a friend after they had both split up.

It's a complicated situation, but not unknown.

If anyone has been through a similar experience you would be welcome to contact me by email using di@joannaconnollysolicitors.co.uk or start a thread on this forum or send me a PM

Di

Comment

Working...
          X