GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Address for Aqua/SAV credit card - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Address for Aqua/SAV credit card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address for Aqua/SAV credit card

As a carer to a a person I see, he has got deep in debt with Aqua Card.
    He suffers with Schizophrenia and is unwell at the moment.
    As his wife left him some time ago, he has found it very difficult to meet payments.
    What is their address to write to? I am confused with Aqua, as it comes under SAV credit and also Bank of Scotland?
    If I write should I make a strong point about his illness and not to harrass?

Brand new to the forum!
    Bosie

Checking his statement, he owes £2300 and his repayment is £81 per month, the interest is £66.

Re: Address for Aqua/SAV credit card

Is dealing with his finances within your remit as carer? If it is not, then don't get involved beyond giving friendly advice. Seriously, this is the kind of thing which could blow up in your face. Refer the matter to whoever has engaged you as his carer.
    No longer a mod.

Comment

I just want to write to them with his details and explain, I won't give my personal details, this company are not very clear with their address details.

Comment

Hi bosey from MSE - nice to c u here.

Write to sav credit directly. They will deal.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Nid, thanks for that, have you any idea of their address? I have found an address in Scotland!

Comment

If the address you have is Pitreavie Business Park, then this is correct.

However, you may encounter problems if you write to them.

Strictly speaking, the company shouldnt even reply to your letter without you having either a Letter of Authority or a Power of Attorney in relation to the account holder. If they did, it could be construed as confirming the existence of the account (and customer) which would be in breach of the Data Protection Act.
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Bosie
              Hi Nid, thanks for that, have you any idea of their address? I have found an address in Scotland!
              Thanks Oscar, never thought of that, I can help him construct the letter, he has a letter for an appointment with psychiatrist. Should I send a copy of that letter to show them he isn't well?

Thanks again

Comment

Hiya

Are you saying you see him, in like "seeing him" or you mean you see him when you go and care? It does matter, thus my asking?

Anyhoo - all you'd do is write a letter and ask him to sign it, giving you authority to deal with the account on his behalf as he is unwell - thats all that is needed.

then you follow up with an explanation of the illness and ask for time to pay, like reduce things to a fiver a month or something... that's about the best you can do, they may freeze interest (if you ask) and offer more as a result... its a dodgy one to be fair.

have you considered telling him to apply for a 0% card to BT the balance over to, that way gives him time to clear it without charges etc being applied?

The address for aqua is in essence HBOS @ Pittreavie as Oscar confirmed./
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for reply NID I see him once a week to check he's got food in etc.
                  I doubt he'd get a 0% card, I have helped him send them an email, saying his circumstances have changed etc.
                  I had to go through his money and there are some rent arrears too. I know that is a priority to sort out.

I'll post again when Aqua respond.

Comment

Ok, best of luck Bosie........

Comment

Hello again, bit delayed in updating regarding Aqua (SAV/Halifax) well, they have been very good, they assigned him a case worker. I did him an I&E plus a letter from his psychiatrist. They have now frozen all interest and charges and reduced his payment by 50%.
                      They also sent out a letter of apology if he's had any phone calls disturbing him.
                      It took about 6 week's to sort out.

Bosie

Comment

Working...
                      X