GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Potential CIFAS marker - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential CIFAS marker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential CIFAS marker

Hi I’m not sure where to start and also seen it on the consumer forum, long story short. My account with my bank Santander is currently blocked. This is due to me receiving a transaction for £4,000, long story short I’ve been transferring money for a friend of mine into his accounts for a few months now. Deep down I’ve known it’s been wrong but I’ve not done anything to stop it. I’ve not profited from it at all however I am now very worried about my account closing down and getting a potential CIFAS marker. The bank is asking me for the proof of transaction, I don’t know what to do. Do I report my friend to the bank/police?

I am just really worried as I’ve never been in trouble before at all, I am in the process of trying to save up for a house and other things. I’ve got no idea what to do, and any sort of guidance or advice would be great- I know I’ve made a huge mistake but I thought I could trust this person having known them for many many years and I’m also worried for my safety potentially going forwards so just wondering what it is can do.

At the minute this is in the early stages so I’ve not got any letters or anything from the bank but I assume they are investigating my account whilst all this is ongoing

webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk send copy of this to the webmaster email address and refer this thread!
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tech Clerk View Post
      webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk send copy of this to the webmaster email address and refer this thread!
      okay thank you very much, will do that now

Comment

Working...
      X