GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cooperative Bank - transaction problems 22nd January 2011 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooperative Bank - transaction problems 22nd January 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooperative Bank - transaction problems 22nd January 2011

Just a wee word of warning....

Went shopping today to Morrisons, and much to my embarrassment my card declined - grrrrrrrr (I know that there is sufficient funds to pay the bill).

Went to the cashpoint, and successfully withdrew the cash to pay the bill

I have since rang the Cooperative to be informed that they are experiencing problems with card transactions, for which they apologise - it seems it is a problem with the Coop and not other banks. Doesn't help you feeling a right plonker when it looks like you can't afford your groceries though, does it

Currently, no word on when the problem will be fixed.
    If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Re: Cooperative Bank - transaction problems 22nd January 2011

Lottery terminals are also down round by us?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

went to put some cash in Santander yesterday their system was down too
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Just tested my online lottery account (using my Co-op bank card....)

Was able to top up and play...?

Strange! However, at least you can still do the lottery, Nids!

sigpic

Comment

I mentioned on Wednesday that I was unable to cash out of the ATM using my Co-op card (even though my online account said I had.)

When I phoned them (cost me more than £3 ), they said it was a problem with their cards at ATMs and in shops, petrol stations etc. I was just glad that I hadn't used it to put petrol in the car as I wouldn't have had the cash on me to pay, wouldn't have been able to withdraw any form ATM and don't have any other cards. I got money refunded Thursday morning and I've since used my card to get cash out and to put petrol in the car.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Declined my card 5 times, but checked my statement and they'd debited the money as withdrawals.

I was told it would take 10 days to get the money returned. I asked what would happen if I incurred charges during this time as a result of this, and was told that if I did, they might refund as a goodwill gesture. Hmmm....... let them just try not refunding them!

Comment

Bboo, don't accept this twaddle, get back on the phone and ask to speak to a floor manager (yes there will be one, even on a Sunday night) and give em hell about the whereabouts of your money. if you accept the 10 days twaddle, they'll take ten days, don't give em a good pounding.

Comment

I shall keep a close eye on my statement; thanks Pixie/Bboo for the warning!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
                  Bboo, don't accept this twaddle, get back on the phone and ask to speak to a floor manager (yes there will be one, even on a Sunday night) and give em hell about the whereabouts of your money. if you accept the 10 days twaddle, they'll take ten days, don't give em a good pounding.
                  Thanks ELD, I 'encouraged' them to refund it slightly faster - it was back in the same night!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                    Thanks ELD, I 'encouraged' them to refund it slightly faster - it was back in the same night!
                    I also 'encouraged' them to deal with it faster and it was refunded when I checked the following morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                      I also 'encouraged' them to deal with it faster and it was refunded when I checked the following morning.
                      Good on you. Bolshy lot aren't we!

Comment

Originally posted by BBoo View Post
                        Good on you. Bolshy lot aren't we!
                        Good job we are! We certainly don't 'roll over'

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          We certainly don't 'roll over'
                          not what allan says...
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Trust Niddles to bring the thread to a whole new level......

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X