GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank Account - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank Account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank Account

I opened a Readycash account with the Yorkshire Bank this week and a savings account with them too.

This is a basic account with a Maestro card.

They did credit search me, but i told her the computer would probably blow up.

Anyway when i explained i was sorting my finances out etc she was fine.

I had my appointment in branch last monday and by yesterday, i had recieved my 2 cards both pin numbers been set up for internet banking and telephone banking.

:

Re: Bank Account

I now bank with The Cooperative Bank. I was a bankrupt and had no problems with The Coop at all. They're nown to be bankruptcy friendly I guess that would be fine with people whose credit ratings were not very good too. Be sure you ask for the Cashminder Account. It's a basic account, no overdraught or cheque book, issued with a Visa Debit card which is accepted at 98% (in my opinion) of places.. I've not been embarrassed in store yet anyway. I've had problems the card being accepted online sometimes but that is because of the initial four digits on the card being the same as an electron (or so I'm lead to believe)

My experiences with The Cooperative Bank and I know of a whole tread somewhere else in support of The Coop.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel
      I have an internet saver account with Yorkshire B/Society....its fab!!...again no credit search required.
      Thanks for mentioning the YBS account. I've been looking around for a saver account the last few weeks.

I applied for the internet saver account & was accepted immediately.

Comment

i was going to file Bankruptcy (Didn't in the end - found Niddy on MSE)

I applied for an account online with Nationwide Building Society, and was approved as Cash Card account ONLY ([size=5]Still able to set D/D's and go to Nationwide Only cash machine as well as be able to bank online). 4 Months later, they sent me a New card so i can use at Any stores UK & Worldwide as Visa Debit card, (Cash withdrawals from any cash machines UK Only though)....... ;-y
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hiya ;Hi1 how much do you need to open a basic account
          if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I opened one with the Co-op & you only had to deposit a pound. k

Comment

A POUND ;EEK ;EEK ;EEK
              looks like getting out the pole then ;LOL ;LOL
              if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by nanna58
                Hiya ;Hi1 how much do you need to open a basic account
                nothing...
                did put £100.00 in when i received everything

Comment

Working...
                X