HBOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBOS

So, I have an HBOS account I do like my HBOS account-- however they are connected with TSB and I have debt with TSB, as the days go on I get nervous about money in my HBOS account incase lloyds decide to take it to pay off some debt.

Sooooo I need some suggestions will it be safe in HBOS? or can someone tell me another bank that I can just use for paying in my wages-- basically I have a santandire account thats used for our evreyday this iaccount I need is litterally an account I use for groceries etc.

Re: HBOS

Jen,

I would certainly play it safe and move your funds from there and switch any DD you have on that account.

Santander is not connected to HBOS or Lloyds so using that is a safe bet, furthermore as the Santander account is already set up it can be done with the minimum of fuss.

If the santander account is not suitable does it need to be local?

Comment

I think LTSB are still separate from HBOS but if you are worried have a look here--> http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings...6&in_page_id=7

You will see who owns which Bank/Building Society, & can open another where appropriate.

Comment

Ta, Ijust like to have 2 different accounts I mean if i have to open another account with Santandire I will.. but i think your right that HBOS aren't linked totally yet...

Comment

Hbos are part of Lloyds Banking Group and they are integrating their whole computer system(what you might not know is that they got RBS Group head of IT...name escapes me....and he dealt with RBS/NatWest integration). Steer well clear of HBOS(which is now LloydsBankingGroup).

Comment

Originally posted by nattie View Post
            Hbos are part of Lloyds Banking Group and they are integrating their whole computer system(what you might not know is that they got RBS Group head of IT...name escapes me....and he dealt with RBS/NatWest integration). Steer well clear of HBOS(which is now LloydsBankingGroup).
            BUT this argument is based around right of setoff which we're clarifying will not be possible right now as their systems are still separate thus confirming that they cannot do external transfers utilising RoSO
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Soooo Nid are we saying my money is safe or no?

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                Soooo Nid are we saying my money is safe or no?
                Of course it is, same as Barclays & Egg - for the moment, anyway!

It won't be after they officially pass "Vesting Date", naturally - but this is some way off yet!
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Awesome-- Phew I love my HBOS account I really do i feel close to it as when i first moved here HBOS was the ONLY bank to give me an account.

Comment

Originally posted by jen_br View Post
                    Awesome-- Phew I love my HBOS account I really do i feel close to it as when i first moved here HBOS was the ONLY bank to give me an account.
                    Steady! Need I refer to you my HSBC thread?

I loveD that bank, but they've now shit on me so they are in now in for the high-jump.

Forget bank loyalty Jen, they do not believe in reciprocation - trust me there!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Steady! Need I refer to you my HSBC thread?

I loveD that bank, but they've now shit on me so they are in now in for the high-jump.

Agree, I guess since I have had no issues im fortunate.

But I will keep my eye on when Lloyds systems become one and pull out

Comment

I'd start sweating again Jen

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/savings...2&in_page_id=7

Comment

For the Love of Peter... Going to open a new account this morning....

Comment

Annnnd if i can't do it right away im withdrawling as there is enough money in there to make lloyds want.

Comment

Indeed I learnt that very early on, they are all just a commodity like we are to them to hold our money etc.

Give them the same respect they give us which is zilch.

Comment

Working...
                              X