GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Remembering all those who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remembering all those who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering all those who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks

I suppose the title of the thread says it all.

I can't believe it's 10 years since we watched the horror unfold.

God bless all those who died and their families and loved ones who have had to cope with the tragedy.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Remembering all those who died in the 9/11 terrorist attacks

yup just watched flight 93 and it all came flooding back of what a tragedy unfolded.

God bless the 3000 innocent souls who lost there lives that day.
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 11 September 2011, 15:21.

Comment

i've been thinking about 9/11 this morning, still can't compute the scale of the tragedy in my head. thinking of everyone who was affected xx

Comment

it's one of those things that you never forget where you were.

I really don't know how these people are coping to-day with their loss, it must be absolutely terrible to see it continually replayed, God bless them.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          yup just watched flight 93 and it all came flooding back of what a tragedy unfolded.

God bless the 3000 innocent souls who lost there lives that day.
          Does that exclude those who worked for Citibank?

Comment

I was part of a crew that went down to ground zero and helped make sandwiches and food for crew-- it was a really aweful site and I will never forget it and get bad dreams thinking about it.

For those that survived, for those that didn't...... for those that fight and for those that fought. i remember.

Comment

IN MEMORY OF ALL WE LOST, THE 10TH ANNIVERSARY OF 9/11- STATISTICS: Times of impact: 8:46 a.m. and 9:02 a.m. Time the burning towers stood: 56 minutes and 102 minutes. Time they took to fall: 12 seconds. 2819 dead from 115 different nations. 343 Fireman/paramedics, 23 NYPD, 37 Port Authority officers.

Comment

I do not want to appear disingenuous at all and the horror of that day still appalls me, however should we not as well be remembering those that died in the horror of the Birmingham Pub Bombings, Guildford, Omagh, across Northern Ireland, soldiers wives and children on motorway coaches and elsewhere much of it funded by New Yorkers in the NORAID programme?

Why is it that we only have sympathy and condolence for foreigners when it is rammed down out throats by the media and never our own?

regards
                Garlok (one who missed the B'ham Pub bombings by 4 nights)

Comment

Garlok,

That is it m8 our government do not make an issue of it, I suppose leave them to rest in peace whereas the americans are the opposite, we share democracy that is all apart from that Great Britain United Kingdom and United States of America are very different.

All Citizens whether military or otherwise are remembered by me and certainly since 11/9/2001

Regards

Comment

Sorry I am a bit late to this thread, I understand what you are saying Garlok and i think this is a good time to remember so many who have lost their lives in terrible terriosts attacks - we should not ever forget anyone who lost their life like this.

I think the reason 9/11 is so poignant is so many lost their lives at one time.

This was a horrible day for me - I remember watching it on TV in the office and desperately trying to call my friend in NY (now I knew for a fact she was no where near the financial district - and I knew her train never went that way but I just needed to hear her voice) So i was desperately pressing the re-dial button until finally she picked up her phone as she had just got to her office....... then she had the mad english gal screaming at her saying thank god you are safe - you need to look at the TV they have attacked the Towers - at this point I think all they had heard was there was an accident there...... after talking to her for a while, the lines went - we then were able to email for a while and finally that went down - and I had to wait until the following morning to hear from her again.

She told me of her sad walk home - a whole city in total shock.

So god bless everyone who has lost their lives to these digusting acts of terroisim

x

Comment

Thanks Loo for your all of your comments. And of course I forgot Lockerbie. Sometimes its those that survive that suffer the most, often with guilt. A friend of Mrs G has a daughter who was a Pan Am stewardess. They all used to swop shifts and flights to get as close to home as possible for Christmas and special days. She should have been on duty on that flight. The guilt of that inncoent shift swop has lived with her every day since.

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

Working...
                      X