GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Have you noticed the forums get quiet around Christmas? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you noticed the forums get quiet around Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you noticed the forums get quiet around Christmas?

Just an observation really!

I post on a couple of consumer forums, though mostly here, and notice that things get very quiet on the run up to Christmas.

Obviously the last thing that people want to be thinking about is owing money when they are busy spending it!

And on another rant has anyone seen that Littlewoods advert which has a bunch of kids asking Mum to buy them lots for Christmas and then giving out all the expensive consumer gadgets?

Bah humbug!

Thought I'd start early.......;.
    "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Have you noticed the forums get quiet around Christmas?

Good morrow Ebenezer, how is Marley these days?

regards
    Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
      Good morrow Ebenezer, how is Marley these days?
      Bob? He's riffin maan

:niddy
      "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

l l

Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
          Have you noticed the forums get quiet around Christmas
          Yep. Same every year.

Then all the bills come in in the new year, and whoosh......

Comment

The Question has to be will we hit 1000 members by xmas, lets give it a shot if we all invite one person here we are over the 1000.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              The Question has to be will we hit 1000 members by xmas, lets give it a shot if we all invite one person here we are over the 1000.
              We already have 1400+ members, but I have wiped over 400 of them as they are spammers

But if you look at the last member to joins ID that'll tell you the real number so being the newest member is ShoeGirl - notice her member number "member.php?u=1415"

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
                Not if we've got if.. here...........

Comment

Yes it does get quiet S'n'V and as Rizzle says come 2nd week of January its mad!! So so sad!!

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                  Not if we've got if.. here...........

I'll ban 'em!!
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
                    I'll ban 'em!!
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Comment

Originally posted by If... View Post
                        I'll ban 'em!!
                        Not if I get there first!!
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                          Not if I get there first!!
                          True

Comment

Actually I phoned the advertising people abotu littlewoods about "only moms put prezzies under the xmas tree" a bunch of us kicked off as it made out as if there was no santa and that only mums hand out the gifts.

Comment

but I have wiped over 400 of them as they are spammers
                              Well you cant really count spammers as members surely, when I looked the other day it said 987 members

Comment

Working...
                              X