GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script In other ranty news ... - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In other ranty news ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other ranty news ...

MSE deleting random posts and then not repling to state why they deleted it.

Nazi B'stard Moderators!

If they told me why, or PMing me to explain, I'd be more understanding. But not doing so, and then failing to respond is just a terrible way to run a community.
    "Cheap is good, but FREE is better!"

Re: In other ranty news ...

Well, you should count yourself lucky we're not Nazi's

I got an infraction (as did a few others) for posting about happy, nice things
    Made by God...Improved by the Devil
    Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Tee hee ... I wouldn't be here if you were ... although that LooLoo is a bit of a

hehe

It's just frustrating that the numbers have grown and they don't care to be helpful and informative. It's not the best way to run a community at all.

Comment

You missed the shit last year, we all left en-masse as a result of their approach!

Muppets couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery, and that isa fact! We use the same (but better) system than they do and we never have to shut the site to perform site maintenance, they think they are beyond the reach of their database of users, and slowly but surely they are losing their top posters. as did CAG - and now look at the mess of CAG!

Martin Lewis is a journalist, I have forgotten more about consumer credit than that twerp will ever learn, he has researchers providing his data - he doesn't have a clue!! Well, he does have a big mouth...

Rant over!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Happened to me as well, an infraction for doing nothing really wrong.

That's why most of us don't go on MSE anymore.

Comment

Ive been a member on there for years, but not really a huge poster .. due to the large quantity of trolls too.

Then when they delete a post with no rhyme or reason, then I see no point in hanging about.

I recently got bought Martin Lewis' mony diet book. Which, to be fair is a good book. But the site is there to further his income, with affiliate links, book sales, TV and radio appearances etc.

Bah!

Comment

Fiscal - He was trying to make money out of the Debt-Free Wannabe's by putting their diaries together as a book!!

Comment

The cheeky swine!!!

Right how do I close my account and delete my posts?!

Comment

He asked the DFW's if they'd mind if he used extracts from their diaries to put together as a book quite a while ago now - If I was so inclined I'd go find the thread for you to see!

Comment

Please don't angelic....... lol
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I won't!!

Comment

I was one of those who actually got banned from MSE. I emailed several times to ask for the reason and all I got was an automated mail in reply.

You can't delete your posts (ask Niddy). I'm sure it says somewhere on mse that the posts 'belong' to them but I can't be @rsed to go and check.
                        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pixie View Post
                          You can't delete your posts (ask Niddy). I'm sure it says somewhere on mse that the posts 'belong' to them but I can't be @rsed to go and check.
                          The way I done it was to go in and edit each post then delete the content and replace with smileys!

After I wiped all my threads content, they tried to block my access (not ban me but restrict posting) meaning I cannot edit anything now, shame for them I was one step in front and deleted MY OWN work before they deleted my access.

Fools, all they've done is cut their noses off to spite their faces being a lot of good posters used to live there...... well, ok, a few then!

Comment

That's my thinking too, just delete my content.

Comment

Originally posted by fiscalfool View Post
                              That's my thinking too, just delete my content.

Comment

Working...
                              X