GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2 - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hooray Hall. Adventures of a Handyman pt2

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
    And out just as often?

If my doctor had asked me, "How about sex?", I'd have politely declined her request.
    Cloggy!!
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

• Re: Hooray Hall - Adventures of a Handyman Part 2

In Cornwall we had a brilliant care package with a fantastic team of carers. There were problems, but they were dealt with quickly.
      Dad wanted to stay at home until he became lonely and thought that a care home would give him loads of company! We agreed with everyone that he should stay at home and when the carers heard he wanted to go into a home they advised against it as they had worked in them and seen the conditions!
      The carers adapted his plan to ensure he received the care he needed (he was housebound, incontinent, had some dementia to name but a few of his problems), they told us who to contact etc when he needed extra care.

In a horrible situation we had confidence that he was given the care and support that he was needed and if there were any concerns they would ring our mobiles to let us know.

Good luck to everyone in dealing with their parents.
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

About time I did an update. A few weeks ago we got Mum into a new home with just 10 beds. It's not as busy and they allow the occasional therapeutic beer! She hasn't realised she has moved but is a whole lot happier. You could say she is the life and soul of the party. So in some ways things have worked out for the better.

For the rest of my news, not a whole lot of change. I am still keeping my head down avoiding the DCA's though there is only one outstanding which I have to get them to admit is SB'd (well why tell them and do their job for them) Lady Hooray is up and down. Last week I was the whipping boy, this week I am in the good books. I wonder which direction the wind will blow next week?

Regards to all, Handy
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
        Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Hi handy it's good to see your update. I hope things continue to improve; knowing that your mum is in a home where you are both happy makes everything seem much better!

Enjoy the bright but cold weather.
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's is so lovely to see you posting Handy and I'm pleased your Mum is happier in her new home too
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Good to see you again handy

Glad to hear mum's happier in the new place...makes all the difference OH's dad switched to a new care place as well & the difference in him is superb (he's dementia etc etc)

Comment

I have missed your ramblings, pictures and general witty banter Handy, Hope all continues to be well, maybe we could start a 'bitchin' hour in the BRA, much like a happy hour but you get a lot off your chest, take care xx

Comment

Great to see you Handy

I bet you feel a lot happier yourself now that your Mum's somewhere where she's happy.
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                    maybe we could start a 'bitchin' hour in the BRA,
                    But in whose bra, though?

Comment

Ah! That gave us an up lift

Comment

mines big enough to hold a party in

Comment

Originally posted by nightwatch View Post
                          mines big enough to hold a party in
                          Maybe I could Borrow one of Lady Hooray's. If I pitched it on the bottom lawn we could use it as a Marquee We could probably get the whole of AAD in.

Kind of reminds me of a trip round the market with my dad when I was about 6. There was the most enormous Brazier hanging up on the Lingerie stall. (1950's type Collie Bra - Rounds them up and points them in the right direction).

What's that Dad I asked pointing to this thing that looked like 2 dustbin lids fastened together.

Horses Blinkers son he answered, Horses Blinkers.

Regards to all, Handy
                          Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

OK so why did no one pick me up on the spelling?
                            Brazier, I know it should be Brasier, but I prefer the type you can warm your hands on

Comment

It's half term and everyone is off duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                OK so why did no one pick me up on the spelling?
                                Brazier, I know it should be Brasier, but I prefer the type you can warm your hands on
                                I get told off for picking up on miss-spellings and wrongful use of apostrophes etc.

BTW it's brassiere
                                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
                                X