hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello!

Just wanted to introduce myself. I joined the forum last June, but the illness and then bereavement of a very close family member took me offline for some time. I've been dipping in and out of the site more recently and have to say I find the approach and advice bang on the money, this is the site I was looking for and wish I'd come across it years ago. I have tried some other, 'establishment' backed debt advice sites, but can't tolerate their moralising approach, as though getting into debt means you are a second class citizen, and the lenders can do no wrong .

I have a large amount of personal debt, all loans or credit cards, the result of a failed business venture. I was in a DMP for a number of years with a well known outfit, but recently pulled the plug on it. I believe a number of my debts may be unenforceable, and one, that wasn't in the DMP, probably statute barred by now.

At first, I challenged all the debts via CCA requests etc. However, once into the DMP, it seemed a stalemate was reached, with little hope of ever actually being debt free. I went through a period of poor mental health as a result, lost my job through redundancy, and have since spent years of sleepless nights through anxiety and stress about what seems a hopeless situation. I know I won't be the only one here with a similar experience.

More recently I've got back on my feet and regained a stomach for a fight. I realise things may have moved on over the years and need to explore what options I have. It's going to be an interesting journey, and I'm looking forward to it!

Re: hello!

Hello and welcome back

If you would like to start a diary pls do , listing everything separately and individually so we can comment on each one separately.

In the meantimne have a look diary section to get an idea good luck. x
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello.
      Excellent name and pic!!!!

Comment

Thanks! I like the idea of starting a diary, can I do it without potentially identifying myself to creditors who might be having a sneaky peek at the site (as if..)?

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. The pic sums up how I've felt a lot of the time!

Comment

Originally posted by InvisibleMan View Post
            Thanks! I like the idea of starting a diary, can I do it without potentially identifying myself to creditors who might be having a sneaky peek at the site (as if..)?

Of course we're anoimoso here, just blank out your name and any numbers etc like I say if you nizey round you'll get thee gist.
            if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a closer look at the diary section

Comment

Welcome back, I hope everything is now sorting itself out for you.

When you look at the diaries, start your own with a separate post for each debt, then when you update you can add to or cut and paste so that it is easier to follow. (If you see what I mean!)

Good luck with your fight and remember to post and ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem; knowledge is power when fighting debt.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                  Welcome back, I hope everything is now sorting itself out for you.

When you look at the diaries, start your own with a separate post for each debt, then when you update you can add to or cut and paste so that it is easier to follow. (If you see what I mean!)

Good luck with your fight and remember to post and ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem; knowledge is power when fighting debt.
                  Thanks for the encouragement and advice. One of the worst things with a debt problem is feeling isolated and alone. It will make all the difference having non-judgemental support and advice along the way!

Comment

Hi and welcome from me

When I started my UE journey I too was worried that the creditors might somehow be able to identify me from my posts but, 7 years on, I can truthfully say that they can't (obviously don't post anything with name, address, account numbers etc) When stating how much the debt is for, round it to the nearest £100, £500 or even £1000.

I'm glad you're now feeling up to the fight so set up the diary and let's take it from there.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Hi, and thank you for your encouraging words. It's always good to know people who have trodden the same path before you. I'm feeling much better already and ready to take on whatever's ahead. I've been reading through the UE advice from Niddy, and starting to read through the diaries. Co-incidentally, I've received my first letter threatening court action today (PRA), so guess that will be a good one to start with!

Comment

. I've been reading through the UE advice from Niddy, and starting to read through the diaries. Co-incidentally, I've received my first letter threatening court action today (PRA), so guess that will be a good one to start with!
                        Yes You have no doubt then seen a recent important success thread against PRA
                        http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ANA-MAYHEW-WIN

Comment

Originally posted by alfie View Post
                          Yes You have no doubt then seen a recent important success thread against PRA
                          http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...ANA-MAYHEW-WIN
                          Yes, I have read that thread. Hoping to post details later, and then see what happens!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                            When I started my UE journey I too was worried that the creditors might somehow be able to identify me from my posts but, 7 years on, I can truthfully say that they can't.
                            I've read through some of your diary entries. They are so helpful and encouraging, and show me the ideal layout too. Brilliant, thanks.

Comment

I've received my first letter threatening court action today (PRA), so guess that will be a good one to start with!
                              Since PRA have a 'shoot first ask questions later' policy to litigation I would suggest you get cracking on your Diary so you can get help with this particular debt.

Who was the original creditor and who do you think owned the debt before it was assigned to PRA?

You can answer my questions on your new thread

Di

Comment

Working...
                              X