GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Link please - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Link please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All,

Just an update. I sent a dispute to Transunion via Credit Karma as per Niddy in post #12. The have written to me "regarding my dispute about a duplicate account", although my dispute was about inaccurate recording of the default date. Their response is that 'Link Financial have advised they cannot amend it'. No justification or reasons why.

I have emailed them today with evidence of the original default from Barclaycard and quoted Principles of Reciprocity, the SCOR Principles for the Reporting of Arrears, Arrangements and Defaults at Credit Reference Agencies and GDPR Article 16 Right to rectification. I have no idea which of these or maybe all of them apply but hopefully it will spur them to correct the entry.

I have updated my diary in post #13 with summary entries.

Comment

Hi
      As NW previously said you now need to write to link, prove the default was registered in 2009 and ask for them to remove their incorrect default and pay compensation

Comment

Just to provide an update on this.

There was lot of correspondence with Link, Barclaycard and the credit agencies. Link continued to refuse to remove the 2018 default from my credit file eventually saying that the debt was purchased in a pre-default state so they were entitled to default it in 2018. I sent them the letter from Barclaycard dated 2009 which Link claim was a notice of intention to default by Barclaycard, not an actual default.

SAR requests to Barclaycard failed a number of times with them sending huge reams of printouts twice but not containing the info I had actually asked for regarding when the debt defaulted. Following a complaint to the FOS they sent through another 300 pages of info mostly just page after page of entries with random codes next to them with no way to decipher what they mean, couldn't find anything in there about a default in 2009. I surmise Barclaycard never actually defaulted it as they should have.

Link eventually confirmed in September 2019 the debt is UE as they do not have the original documents. Stopped paying them via my DMP in Dec 2019

At some point during early 2020 the default vanished off my credit report. No idea why or exactly when. It has just vanished completely! No idea what happened but I'm not about to poke a sleeping tiger to find out, just happy it's gone and the debt is UE.

Comment

Well at least it's gone off your file, result for you x
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Robesco View Post
            Just to provide an update on this.

Link eventually confirmed in September 2019 the debt is UE as they do not have the original documents. Stopped paying them via my DMP in Dec 2019

At some point during early 2020 the default vanished off my credit report. No idea why or exactly when. It has just vanished completely! No idea what happened but I'm not about to poke a sleeping tiger to find out, just happy it's gone and the debt is UE.

I've only just seen your update.

What great news about Link admitting the debt is unenforceable and the default finally being removed from your CRA file entry which then vanished completely.

Your persistence paid off!

Well Done

Di

Comment

Working...
            X