GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script A success story!! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A success story!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A success story!!

Hi again to all at AAD

It has been ages since I posted and apart from the latest sale of a Crapitall One debt to Cabot it has been quiet.

I just wanted to write this post in the hope it will help some new members who may be stressed, struggling to sleep, terrified each time the phone rings or the postman delivers! I have been there and I know it is a bad place. However, if you follow the excellent advice on here it will improve. Heck, I've been in front of the District Judge, written letters and had a mediation phone call and done so using advice from this site alone. To me I had to put health first because I was already very ill and debt was simply making me worse!

Just remember, being in debt is not a crime, you will not go to prison. A lot of the DCAs threaten all sorts of things but most of the time they cannot do any of them. However, it is important you do not ignore a debt. Let AAD know what it is involved and they will advise on your best course of action. Never phone the DCA or creditor, always use post and ALWAYS use signed for or Special Delivery for court papers. Always keep the receipts for postage and file away all letters in a lever arch or box file. I even stapled their envelope to their letters as many claimed different dates so having that information is helpful.

Finally, I have been improving health wise but still have a way to go. I am now 95% debt free with just Crapitall and Cabot still on the scene and they will struggle without the correct CCA and paperwork at their end!

There is light at the end of the tunnel, just listen to the team on here. I was probably £60-£70K in the deep dark stuff and I am still alive and kicking!

MJ
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Re: A success story!!

Oh MJ what a lovely post , yes here is the place to be and thank for reassuring any of our new members ,good health and goodluck xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you for coming back to post your news xx
      may you continue to recover even quicker, as you say stress can play havoc with your health. If you are already ill then the constant phone calls and threats of hell and damnation add to the problem.

don't be a stranger come back and see whats going on with some of the others, maybe post your opinion of what happened to you and how you were helped, you could even pop into the Statute Bar and have a virtual drink with us all
      Best wishes NW xx
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi MJ. Thank you for taking the time to post your story. I'm sure it will help any newbies who are in that dark place where we've all been. I'm glad to see your health is improving, may it continue to do so.

As NW says, don't be a stranger. The help of people who have been through it themselves can be invaluable to new posters.

All the the best for the future x
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Working...
        X