GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Landline phone prices review launched by Ofcom - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Landline phone prices review launched by Ofcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landline phone prices review launched by Ofcom

Landline phone prices review launched by Ofcom

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 1st December 2016 14:04
    Telecoms regulator Ofcom has launched a review of landline-only rental prices after concerns that people may not be getting value for money.

It said landline prices have risen by up to 41% in real terms since 2010, while wholesale prices have fallen by a quarter. The rise in rental prices particularly affects those who rely on landlines, such as the elderly, Ofcom said. The review will decide whether measures are needed to protect them. The worst offenders are Sky, which has raised landline prices by 41% in real terms over the last six years, and Virgin Media, which has raised prices by 38%. In response, Virgin Media said it would freeze landline charges for its elderly and disabled customers from January 2017.....Read more here

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Landline phone prices review launched by Ofcom

I'm with Sky and they are always cheaper than BT for their line rental charge - however it's still more than half of my overall bill (broadband) .
    The other problem though,with Sky,is if you don't commit to their new calls package of £8pm,you pay connection charges for calls and ridiculous amounts for minutes on call.

The whole business needs reviewing tbh...another private sector cartel as per all the others..

Comment

Working...
    X