GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script FCA contacting 16,000 customers of debt management firm - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FCA contacting 16,000 customers of debt management firm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA contacting 16,000 customers of debt management firm

FCA contacting 16,000 customers of debt management firm

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on: 11th March 2016 14:35
    The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is writing to 16,000 customers of debt management firm PDHL, which was refused authorisation by the regulator. The FCA refused PDHL’s application for authorisation in December last year after finding that the firm offered poor quality debt advice and breached various rules including:

• Consumers being advised to enter into debt solutions that were unsuitable for their circumstances;
    • The adequacy of PDHL’s systems and controls regarding management information and effective quality assurance.

The FCA was generally concerned about the firm’s treatment of its customers. For example, one customer called PDHL to inform them that they had lost their job. PDHL did not review the case for two months – at which point the firm identified that the customer had negative disposable income. However, the customer’s request to reduce their minimum payment was not accepted and the customer agreed to maintain payments at the original level....Read more here

Previous AAD Blog News:

Knightsbridge snaps up insolvency cases of debt management firm - Link
    Debt management firm agrees to FCA order - Link

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.
Working...
X