GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bristol letting agent under fire for telling landlords to squeeze tenants for extra rent - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bristol letting agent under fire for telling landlords to squeeze tenants for extra rent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristol letting agent under fire for telling landlords to squeeze tenants for extra rent

Bristol letting agent under fire for telling landlords to squeeze tenants for extra rent

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 9th April 2015 20:17.

*.........as 11,000 locals sign petition in protest* * *CJ Hole sent letter encouraging landlords to hike rents* * *Letting agent said it had...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Bristol letting agent under fire for telling landlords to squeeze tenants for extra rent

I'm probably the wrong person to comment on this since I'm a Landlord in the private sector.

I don't see why private Landlords should be blamed for successive Governments' failure to build sufficient social/affordable housing. As a result private Landlords are providing the service which unlike social housing is not subsidized by the Government in order to keep rents artificially low.

Being a Landlord is a business just like any other business. If Tenants don't pay the market rent then I can't pay my mortgage and I can't eat. If the cost of insuring a Buy-to-Let property goes up then effectively the Landlord would be lowering the rent to absorb the extra expense.

Every tenancy agreement has a clause which stipulates when rent can be increased and by how much (usually a in line with the RPI). This means no estate agent or "unscrupulous" Landlord can increase rent willy nilly.

I told you I was the wrong person to comment on this

Plan B

Comment

Re: Bristol letting agent under fire for telling landlords to squeeze tenants for extra rent

To be fair, this is no different to Mobile Phone companies putting up tariffs to be inline with inflation.

TibetanMonk
      On Debt Row

AAD has so much to offer and wants so little back. Take advantage while you can.

Comment

Working...
      X