GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Autumn Statement 2013: Britain can no longer afford welfare state, warns Osborne - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autumn Statement 2013: Britain can no longer afford welfare state, warns Osborne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Statement 2013: Britain can no longer afford welfare state, warns Osborne

Autumn Statement 2013: Britain can no longer afford welfare state, warns Osborne

This is a duplicate of the Blog Entry made on 3rd December 2013 13:34.

*George Osborne will set out more details on his planned cap on welfare spending in the Autumn Statement on Thursday* The welfare state is...

Click to Read More...

.I'm the allaboutFORUMS News Feed. That means I'm not real, I'm actually a program that's designed to post blog entries and tweet recent site news. Please don't try and message me, I can't respond! Thanks.

Re: Autumn Statement 2013: Britain can no longer afford welfare state, warns Osborne

OMG.... what a complete balls up this country is. Not content with workfare schemes, elongated work experience (ie free labour) placements in vocational-style schools and, encouraging people to take useless courses to "better" themselves, this particular Government also seem to be a fine line away from bringing back the workhouse.

Oh for the good old days of the 1980s.... when you could walk out of one job and straight into another....
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Re: Autumn Statement 2013: Britain can no longer afford welfare state, warns Osborne

This gets me so mad. I agree P1, that it seems like they want to bring back the workhouse. There's so much that they could cut down on unnecessary spending (subsidising MPs meals, drinks and housing for example) instead of hitting people when they need some help.
      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

This was always the case with this government. They are picking fights with everybody but cleverly dividing people. I kept stum on here when many were saying it was right to cut public servants. Now the services are fading away and they havnt even started the real cuts the public is waking up and smelling the coffee.

Its idelogical not for the benifit of the country. They are hell bent on destroying things the public dont even know about and once its gone it wont come back.

But of course they can spend billions getting me to London 20 mins quicker. No doubt if you check the route it zig zags between tory MP's back gardens just so they get a taxpayer cut. Just so I can spend 20 mins longer at Heathrow cause the tory voting people around Heathrow kick up a fuss and wont move.

Comment

I don't know how people survive these days.... I really don't.
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

Think it is going to be depressing news, whatever they decide. And, heaven help us, if the Tories win the next election ....

Comment

i remember the days when you applied for a job by writing to them and they would either send an application form if they think you are good enough or a letter to say no (2n class stamp was the answer).................everything is a cycle, not long till it come around the corner and bite many in the 'Backside' of living in the stone age/poverty/classes/etc

i actually write to the employer 'that you can be arsed to communicate back, no wonder you keep on looking for staff. Or is that the job doesn't exists in the first place you Prick' - i don't have time or pittance with people who doesn't given a reason or can't be arsed to answer if asked for something as it gets on my nerves too much. I may be cynical but its true, too many for godforsaken labeled job descriptions, that its the same freak-in job title.

i read in the local paper the other week in the jobs section, 'what is your job and your typical day'

student faciliator £26k. i check e-mails, file reports, and some days i make name badges for the students.

my interrparation - You are a freakin Admin office secterary for a univeristy and why are you being paid £26k by the Goverment for that position. its for a 19/21 year old, you are aged 46 you dick! i can save the money by paying it as an apprentice in an Administration role or a single parents who wants part time jobs for that for less!

Comment

HS-2 Line - 20 Billion for a 100 mile rail line what the>!>!>!>!>!?>!>?!?>!?!>

In India, they could build it for 20 Million Quid, and that's it with being over crowded train like India NOW WAIT UK Trains - Or !!

The only people whom benefit from that one, is the Share holders/People who own houses on route. and even worse the Gov, has drafted so much info, that by the time the 'tree huggers' 'save the newts' save the 'mad cows' 'green energy' 'loonie parties' etc, that the deadline will be over for them to state a claim against the HS2 Rail link objection ((AGAIN))

Comment

I think it swings from one extreme to the other at times Scorps....

I am pig sick of the modern trend for X-Factor style interviews; where sometimes hundreds of people turn up for a string of poorly paid jobs and have to demonstrate team-building skills through audition-type tasks that say nothing about the person at all.

You then get people who've managed to brown-nose their way into a managerial post, yet can't manage their way out of a paper bag.... or make decisions.... like my boss.... yet get paid 3 x what I do for swanning about in a suit.

Then you have the poor kids in (some) schools now who are being brainwashed (partly via Government-controlled teachers) into believing that volunteering will land them a dream job. After a huge number of voluntary hours tidying gardens or selling school-made goods on a stall, etc, one particular vocational school for 14-16 year olds now arranges a graduation ceremony at the local uni; with proper gown and hat, so these kids can dress up, "graduate" and get yet another poxy, useless certificate for.... working 100 hours for nothing!

With all these kids doing unpaid work.... and the workfare scheme for unemployed adults; both seemingly aimed at particular social groups more than others, I sometimes think there's a greater plan working behind the scenes. There's certainly no point in offering paid work when there's a stream of forced free labour out there.... yet it's continually being dressed up as an "opportunity".
                  Remember the mantra:

Comment

I agree about the interview process P1.

When I was made redundant 2 years ago I turned down two "opportunities" to go to "group selection days". I've got a fantastic CV and 25 years of experience, I am not about to run around with a crowd of young whippernappers, being asked to do stupid things with no bearing on the actual job, I can sell, I can prove I can sell because I have been in it for 25 years and have tons of written evidence. I also interview really well. Why on earth would I be prepared to pretend to have a conversation with myself (true example) or pretend to sell a durex to Harrods (another true example) for some eejits stupid pleasure. Companies who indulge in this stupidity should be very aware that they will only be interviewing the very desperate and the forced, the quality applicants will give them a very wide berth.

Comment

I think you all have covered it rather well, My son has just got a job after 18 months he has had many interviews 2nd interviews and has been unsuccessful, he has now got a job with a family run firm where the interview was on his ability to do the job not running around bonding and play acting. Fucking Con servatives will just take from the people who need it and line their own pockets as usual.

Comment

Future isn't looking good
                        There is a joke going around our place: work in the morning, funeral home in the afternoon. Why? Because many of us are the same age (late twenties, early thirties) and have no faith in the whole retirement thing being one example.
                        Slightly off topic of this thread, but would i be right in saying someone who is self employed and paid their Class2 and 4 National insurance for 30 years will get exactly the same state pension (assuming there is one) as someone who has paid through the nose through the whore that is PAYE?

Thanks
                        SA
                        When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

think so SA

I am in the unfortunate bunch who got 6 years added on to my working life just because of when I was born, friends who are 6 months younger and have worked less get to retire before me, don't get me started...................

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                            OMG.... what a complete balls up this country is. Not content with workfare schemes, elongated work experience (ie free labour) placements in vocational-style schools and, encouraging people to take useless courses to "better" themselves, this particular Government also seem to be a fine line away from bringing back the workhouse.

Oh for the good old days of the 1980s.... when you could walk out of one job and straight into another....
                            Or the 1970's when you could walk into one job and stay as long as you liked

Comment

If you didn't like that job, you could walk into another with better pay!

Comment

Working...
                              X