GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Legal Beagles - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal Beagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Beagles

Did you know that a Legal Beagle is slang for the slang noun, Legal Eagle?

We don't use the phrase much in the UK, nor do we use the term Legal Eagle - I wonder why not?

Lets discuss......
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Legal Beagles

It's more of an American term isn't it? Legal Eagles was a film starring Robert Redford...

Comment

So its fantasy then ?
      if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Legal Eagles (1986) - Rotten Tomatoes

Nov 27, 2013 -
        Movie Info. After Ghostbusters, director Ivan Reitman came out with this-(Comedy/drama)-adventure in which pyrotechnics and car chases.
        Last edited by The Tech Clerk; 13 September 2015, 09:33.
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Legal Eagles seems to be more popular than Legal Beagles. Wondering why though - after all they both have the exact same meaning, both are nouns and both are slang
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=1432532

Weird Americans......

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
              Oh lol. That's a new one

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
                That explains why Legal Eagle is used and not Legal Beagle....

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Oh lol. That's a new one
                "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                  That explains why Legal Eagle is used and not Legal Beagle....

But it is - Legal Beagles is the same as Legal Eagles.....

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                    But it is - Legal Beagles is the same as Legal Eagles.....
                    True....but you can see why Legal Eagles is more popular.......the 'Eagle' astute, brave and powerful.

Legal Beagles.....
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I thought beagles was in reference to the dog? Being able to sniff out something or another.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        I thought beagles was in reference to the dog? Being able to sniff out something or another.
                        Yea, that's what I thought.....

Comment

Stop trying to pretend that you are all young

In a time not so many years ago, the JY prog on radio 2 had both a beagle and a eagle who used to appear on alternate weeks if memory serves and answer listeners questions and give advice . So for many of you that say 'but I'm not old enough to remember that - I say liar

Comment

.....I don t remember such a programme , but if it was Radio 2 I would be to busy listening to Radio 1...However a Beagle is a rather dopey looking sniffer dog, sniffing out legal wrong doings ? and an eagle a sharp eyed bird spotting small things at long distance, ? So both a similar noun to use...... or am I missing a point here ?
                            If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                              Stop trying to pretend that you are all young

In a time not so many years ago, the JY prog on radio 2 had both a beagle and a eagle who used to appear on alternate weeks if memory serves and answer listeners questions and give advice . So for many of you that say 'but I'm not old enough to remember that - I say liar
                              What is Radio 2 . only know the light programme oh! and I was an Ovaltini! the Archers, & Dan Dare. Read the Eagle & loved the Centre Page info!

Comment

Working...
                              X