• nanna58
    replied
    Re: Cabot

Excellent idea x

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Seems like Cabot has almost finished integrating their different systems -Apex, Cabot, Marlin as they "have reviewed accounts and have sent statements since last contact (over 6 years). No need to do anything now, but call if you want to pay." ?????
    Perhaps they should update their software to identify those accounts with no transactions during those years and send a "closed - SB" letter instead.

Leave a comment:

• The Tech Clerk
    replied

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    9th June - Cabot.."we need to t/f your account to an external debt collection company in 7 days"

20th July - Cabot.." we will work with you to understand your financial situation.....we will help you......"
    Do you not understand your financial situation - kind of the idiots!

Leave a comment:

• cardiac arrest
    replied

9th June - Cabot.."we need to t/f your account to an external debt collection company in 7 days"

20th July - Cabot.." we will work with you to understand your financial situation.....we will help you......"

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

There has not been another DCA involved yet. Latest today was a clutch of statements of account - i.e. Cabot Financial statements. They had a slightly obscure item "Date the agreement became an executed agreement" , which does not relate to any docs held.

Header letter says "No action required ....but... can call us...."

Living in hope.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Must be on the rebound. Perhaps she can't pimp me out, so trying to inveigle me with promises of a reduced sentence/settlement. Will sit out this dance, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

Uh oh x

Leave a comment:

• Susie
    replied

Originally posted by nanna58 View Post
    If Debs dumps you what will you do ????? Oh no x
    Sorry to let you know that I think Debs may have left you, she is writing to me now

Leave a comment:

• nanna58
    replied

If Debs dumps you what will you do ????? Oh no x

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

In the words of the singer Diana Ross,"I'm still waiting". Will the Debs please just to tell me it's over.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Nope. I am well and truly forlorn. I've not had so much as a postcard. If they have been bombarding the lucky owner of a former phone number I would not know.

Could it all be an idle threat? I still cannot understand how a debt collector can outsource to a debt collector.

I was looking at the blurb on the SAS Website, and it could be a pointer. It appears some do-gooder analyst has been helping them exploit a new software implementation which has collated the accounts within the group so they can better mine the data they have. Obviously they are shafters. One of the outcomes is a set of reports collating info that connects debtors and sends out personalised, targeted letters. Perhaps I was part of the UAT or System Test.

SAS were never the sharpest tools.
    Last edited by julian; 22 June 2016, 00:50. Reason: sticky fingers

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by julian View Post
    Bummer. Debs has just written to say that she won't be writing any more. Instead, the new pen pal will be 'debt collector'. Woe is me. Life just will not be the same.
    Have you had a new love interest write yet....

Leave a comment:

• Never-In-Doubt
    replied

Originally posted by cardiac arrest View Post
    if they are starting to issue deadlines before action etc...but like me you're away from base for a few months and don't receive the letters (genuinely) ..can they proceed anyway on the assumption you are just not responding ??
    yes and could result in default judgment ie a ccj against you.

You can of course apply for set aside if you weren't here and knew nothing of it. Jo would help you with that if necessary

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Bummer. Debs has just written to say that she won't be writing any more. Instead, the new pen pal will be 'debt collector'. Woe is me. Life just will not be the same.

Leave a comment:

• julian
    replied

Rather confused that they appear have decided to outsource collection to another leech unless proposals are receive tout de suite. So strange.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X