GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SAR REQUEST - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAR REQUEST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR REQUEST

You have the right to get a copy of the information that an organisation holds about you. But at the moment, under the Data Protection Act, this usually costs £10. On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force and this £10 charge will end. The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO.

information I have been informed = look out for official notice from ICO?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

I ll tuck that information away for future use. Thanks TC
    If you are using a shovel to dig yourself into a hole, a credit card company will be happy to give you a JCB !!

Comment

I suggest that we assail the institutions with requests.

The cost of providing and managing effective systems to enable the queries is high. With everyone demanding SARs it would hit their pockets, and perhaps drop them in very hot water of non-compliance.

Comment

This also applies to CIFAS, N Hunter (SAR’s) & your (currently £2) statutory credit reports from the “big 3” - Experian, Equifax & Call Credit.

A s.78 request is not a SAR and so is excluded as it has its own regs, so you still pay £1 to request a cca.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

julian

I was thinking similar, as in I’m going to send in SAR requests to everyone who has ever caused me grief in the financial sector; dca’s / banks / etc.

Like you say, if thousands all do it (which we will, naturally), then they’ll be slightly busy to say the least.

After all who doesn’t want to see what these guys hold about us?
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I wonder whether they currently have an intern looking at what is produced. The Data Manager should ensure all present and correct or be fined. But if it is examined, as opposed to requested and despatched automatically from a printing service just think of the effect on unemployment.

Comment

Working...
            X