GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Notice anything wrong / out of date? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice anything wrong / out of date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice anything wrong / out of date?

Hi,

As you'll have noticed, we've done loads of changes, updates and upgrades to the forum and the server environment it sits on. As a result we've noticed a few pages / links etc are leading to insecure pages and / or dead pages. Additionally, being we're 13 years old now, some of the older posts may no longer be relevant and / or out of date now (whether based on old theories or new case law / cases).

If you notice anything such as an incorrect link or out of date pages then can you please copy the link to the post / thread and post it here. To copy the link, just click inside the address bar of the browser when you're on the thread then when it goes blue, right click and select copy. Then create a new post here and right click and select paste.

We will then update and replace any content that requires it.

We are going through manually but it is very time consuming so if you post links here, these will be done first.

Thanks for your help.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    If you notice anything such as an incorrect link or out of date pages then can you please copy the link to the post / thread and post it here. To copy the link, just click inside the address bar of the browser when you're on the thread then when it goes blue, right click and select copy. Then create a new post here and right click and select paste.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but I've noticed the quote box missing and smilies don't work on threads that have been archived, although one quote and the smiley seemed to work when I posted the C&P on here which is strange >

5th July 2019, 09:07

Originally posted by TankusMaximus View Post
    Hi All, Im new to the forum but would like to seek advice, after sending the marvelous prove it letter in this thread regarding a very old Abbey National, Now Santander overdraft im wondering what my next move is. It took them 6 months just to send the attached.

Hello

I can see from the Cabot letter you've uploaded that you didn't send a s78 CCA Request for this overdraft perhaps because you thought it wouldn't apply.

However there has been a recent ruling in court that s78 does apply to overdrafts which is explained here by Jo >

[QUOTE=Joanna Connolly;n1523192]The claim against our clients in this case was for monies owing under a personal Current Account Overdraft. We lost at first instance before a District Judge in Peterborough County Court and appealed the decision before HHJ Walden-Smith sitting at Cambridge County Court.

The Appeal was successful yesterday. This is an important case because it confirms that consumers using the unenforceability provisions of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 can successfully defend claims for personal Current Account Overdrafts in court. In this instant case the Appeal court found the personal Current Account Overdraft agreement to

Link to post in archive section > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/a...rmation/page20

Di

Comment

Archived threads / posts should be locked as view only.

not entirely sure what's wrong, maybe email me please if it's a regular occurrence. Anything involving archive should be ignored as it's a closed / read only section.

thanks.
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        not entirely sure what's wrong, maybe email me please if it's a regular occurrence. Anything involving archive should be ignored as it's a closed / read only section.
        I’ll email you because it’s probably ‘pilot error’ my end

Di

Comment

Hi - can you help please - I’ve tried to post for help on debts but cannot see where or how to start. I’m not too good with IT but then get the jitters and lose courage to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta1 View Post
            Hi - can you help please - I’ve tried to post for help on debts but cannot see where or how to start. I’m not too good with IT but then get the jitters and lose courage to ask.

Hello

No need to get the jitters - this forum is a friendly community.

I'm also not good with computers (it's an age thing) so you're in good company.

The best place to start is a new thread in the Diary section here > https://all-about-debt.co.uk/forum/d...bility-diaries

Click on "New Topic" and off you go.

I look forward to helping you.

Di

Comment

Working...
            X