GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Sent DCA refusal back to moorcroft again with the £1 postal order.

After reading their letter again, they word it as though they are not declining to send it, but i should resend a postal order to them addressed to lloyds instead.

So i can only assume my next letter will be something along the lines of, "we are happy to supply what you request but need a postal order addressed to Lloyds"

Question, how does this affect UE in regards to compliance within 14 days? is it in default whether the postal order is addressed to them or not?
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Received CCA from M & S Money, emailed niddy.

:S
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Quick question for you guys, regarding the M and S agreement i was sent recently.

After reading the guide to unenforceability it says.

This section says that an agreement that is not properly executed can only be enforced if it consists of a single document and is;
        a) signed by the debtor, and
        b) has the prescribed terms
        and
        For example, a typical response from a credit card company consisting of a copy of an application form and a copy of recent terms and conditions would comply with s.79 but would probably not be enforceable for one of several reasons;

c) signature and prescribed terms not on one document (signed application form and recent terms and conditions).

The signed agreement i received, had a seperate 2 sided peice of paper with the terms and conditions, the back of the application was blank.

Does this mean the agreement was not properly executed??

And is this a good argument for UE under section 127?
        Last edited by SXGuy; 14 April 2012, 23:35.

Comment

Quick update, Egg account and Capital One are now both in default due to non compliance with the CCA Requests.

M & S Money CCA confirmed by Niddy to be

But, you win some you lose some! so far my mothers won more than shes lost, so cant complain

Comment

To clarify the m&s agreement WAS signed but they provided both original and latest terms to comply with s.78.

Paul's even looked over this. It's a no goer.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
              Quick update, Egg account and Capital One are now both in default due to non compliance with the CCA Requests.

M & S Money CCA confirmed by Niddy to be

But, you win some you lose some! so far my mothers won more than shes lost, so cant complain
              Oh dear Did M & S get you to sign a new agreement when it was upgraded from a storecard to a credit card then? Unfortunately they started doing that after the OFT intervened and warned them they had been acting unlawfully

Comment

yes plan B, was a bloody month after all the shit hit the fan, hows your luck hey? lol a month out, oh well!

Comment

ok update, Capital one have finally sent something through, my fear is its enforceable.

Will email Niddy in a mo, but what they sent was, the signed application page, a reconstituted copy of the credit agreement, and the t's and C's from then and now.

They state in their letter the prescribe terms would have been shown on the reverse of the application form.

So far Egg are yet to send anything.

Comment

Update, received letter from 1st Credit RE OPUS, account is on hold while they gather the info for the CCA Request.

Still waiting for Niddy to check the agreement relating to Capital One.

(Where are you Niddy? hehe)

Comment

Niddy had a death in family so dashing here there and everywhere also trying to do this, my job, build my sites etc etc

Bloody nightmare mate

However capital one is not alright. There are no clear PT's as at account inception. Put simply, when you applied for this did you see terms on the reverse? Nope, I didn't think so either

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to learn about your sad news Niddy.Hopefully things are now improving for you.
                        GM

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          Niddy had a death in family so dashing here there and everywhere also trying to do this, my job, build my sites etc etc

Bloody nightmare mate

However capital one is not alright. There are no clear PT's as at account inception. Put simply, when you applied for this did you see terms on the reverse? Nope, I didn't think so either

Cheers Niddy! sorry for your loss mate, i know what its like to have to deal with that and 20 others things all at once, in a strange way, it helps to get through it by keeping busy.

If you need any web help to lighten the load feel free to pm me.

Cheers.

EDIT: What would be the best template to send back to them regarding this now? missing presribed terms?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                            Cheers Niddy! sorry for your loss mate, i know what its like to have to deal with that and 20 others things all at once, in a strange way, it helps to get through it by keeping busy.

If you need any web help to lighten the load feel free to pm me.

Cheers.

EDIT: What would be the best template to send back to them regarding this now? missing presribed terms?
                            Thats the one--------------> CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Comment

cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Bloody nightmare mate
                                Hope you're ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X